Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Were you going to pay the $10 for live stats on Yahoo?
Yes, what fun is it without live stats? 18 66.67%
No, I'll just check in Monday and see if I won or lost 7 25.93%
I'm not sure. 2 7.41%
Just show me the results / I'm not in the league 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: ~~~ OFFICIAL YANKEES 2007 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS OR BUST THREAD ~~

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
onlinebeginner,

I prefer to be shown everyday why I'm better than other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never seen you do this.... keep trying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll fade all your [censored] analysis for $$$$.

[/ QUOTE ]

rivera isn't being used well in my opinion, good luck "fading" that.... try again?
Old 04-17-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sublime,
i obviously did just estimate 5 wins without doing research to back it up. This really doesn't discredit my point tho much at all if any. If rivera was used more optimally they would win more games. I estimated 5... if you don't like my estimation that's cool, but that doesn't mean rivera is being used optimally

[/ QUOTE ]

5 games would be taking a bullpen of replacements level players and replacing them with 4 ace relievers.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sublime,
i obviously did just estimate 5 wins without doing research to back it up. This really doesn't discredit my point tho much at all if any. If rivera was used more optimally they would win more games. I estimated 5... if you don't like my estimation that's cool, but that doesn't mean rivera is being used optimally

[/ QUOTE ]

5 games would be taking a bullpen of replacements level players and replacing them with 4 ace relievers.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's definatetly an ovestatemet but i understand your point and i agree with it... it was an estimation i took no time in thinking about, i was just trying to say they would be a better team for sure
Old 04-17-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's definatetly an ovestatemet

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all. you're definitely overrating the difference between the contributions of a great closer vs. good set up men (which, for the most part, the yankees have had)
Old 04-17-2007, 02:58 PM

ugh...can't we do this like in a seperate Joe Torre sucks at managing pitchers thread.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's definatetly an ovestatemet

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all. you're definitely overrating the difference between the contributions of a great closer vs. good set up men (which, for the most part, the yankees have had)

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't say the yankees bullpen... he said replacement level players with 4 ace relievers... completely different than what u said
Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

thing is, rivera is being used close to optimally, simply because he pitches so many innings year in and year out.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

thing is, rivera is being used close to optimally, simply because he pitches so many innings year in and year out.

[/ QUOTE ]
valid point... i probably overshot the estimation

i officially agree to stop talking about this (unless torre does something retarted) no reason to keep beating a dead horse (i think that's a saying [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

ya so as long as someone doesn't make any ridiculous responses or claims on the issue i'm done posting about it

Pettite has been muy muy BUENOOOOOOOOOO [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sublime,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

since you were being a jerk earlier i decided to pick on you

if you take the 4 worst relievers off the devil rays and replace them with billy wagner mariano rivera zumaya and papplebon (jus first four ace relievers that came to my head) they increase there expected win total by MUCH more than 5 games

...keep trying [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 PM

DRays relievers aren't even replacement level [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

You still are greatly overestimating things, even if Thremp was slightly off. The difference between 300 innings of ace relief and replacement level is like 60 runs.