Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Love OR Money
Money 43 53.09%
Love 38 46.91%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: How much do you play?

No limit is easier to multitable then fixed limit at least on stars, fixed limit just gives me no time to play 4 tables at a time where with nl I can play 12 tables of 6max nl after getting used to it.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 AM

No way guys - I'll never believe you can seriously play at 12 tables. I was hoping this poll to be an interesting one to see what's the people standards when playing online, and now we find ourself reading post of people claiming to play on 12 tables.
Even by clicking randomnly it will be quite tough to do it :-)
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 AM

I used to play 4-5 tables at a time but I find it easier and more enjoyable if I'm just play 2-3 6max limit games on one MTT. Also I take breaks every 45-60 minutes because it's simply exhausting having to concentrate on multiple tables at the same time. As far a profitability is concerned I usually play 3/6 6max limit games and can easily make $60-$100 per hour if I'm playing 3 tables at time.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ur table breakup #s are kinda bad

[/ QUOTE ]
qflol
Old 10-17-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way guys - I'll never believe you can seriously play at 12 tables. I was hoping this poll to be an interesting one to see what's the people standards when playing online, and now we find ourself reading post of people claiming to play on 12 tables.
Even by clicking randomnly it will be quite tough to do it :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite easy actually. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean other can't

I play 15 tables of full ring NL100, or 12 tables of 6 max NL100 and 4 years ago when I started out playing I was 8 tabling the 3-6 and 5-10 6 max games

I play for a living.

What you are missing is that by playing these many tables my winrate drops significantly but my hourly rate increases

If you can play 3 tables at a time and win $10/table per hour thats $30/hour If you can 12 table and win $3 per table per hour thats $36 per hour,

Next comes rakeback, 3 tabling would get me about $4/hour
12 tabling gets me about $16/Hour

so 3 tabling = $30 + $4 =$34/hour
12 tabling = $36 + $16 =$52/hour

Thats a huge difference in the hourly rate. I'm going to make a lot more mistakes playing 12 tables then if I was playing 3 tables so my $$/hour per table drops but the sheer quantity of hands playing 12 tables make up for it.

Also anyone playing 12 tables are using programs such as PAHUD or Pokertracker which keeps track of every player you've ever played against, how many hands you have played against them, exactly how tight/loose they are, how much they raise pre flop, how aggresive they are how often they go to the river etc etc and about a doze other statistics that are needed for players multitabling that can't get reads because of the # of tables they are playing. Those statistics are availble during play so when you need to make a decision you look at their stats and then make a decision.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this poll is biased by the fact that the answering population is composed mainly by micro-low stakes players who play faster and more for fun, caring a bit less about the profit

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the exact opposite

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday by speaking with a guy online he told me he plays 2-3K hands per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I average about 150K hands/month
Old 10-17-2007, 08:18 PM

I think OP will be surprised by this:
Old 10-17-2007, 08:25 PM

Multitabling just takes practice/experience. An analog in chess is 'lightning/bullet' chess. A whole game played with each player having a total of 60 seconds for all moves. It seems insane at first, but at high levels a strong bullet player could give an amateur 1 hour to his 60 seconds time odds and still win pretty easily.

I 12 table at $200 and below. 6 table at $400 and above. I would go insane playing less than 4 tables at any limit.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 PM

By the way, I usually 5-6 table, full ring, on a 19" laptop. I don't use a HUD, and if I add more tables my reads disappear.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 PM

You really can grow into more tables. I'm not sure what my max is, but I've gone from 2 to 4 tables of FRNL, and it's now 2nd nature. I've tried 6 tables at a time, and found it to be too much. I'll probably give it another go after I get more hands in. I like to see all of my tables, so tiling 6 tables on a 1920x1200 resolution is about as small as I like to go so far. If I try to add more, I'll have to adjust to stacking them.

Note to OP: I'm very part-time, so I like to get as many hands in as I can when I sit down to play. More tables = more hands = more experience = profit!
Old 10-18-2007, 02:46 AM

Good idea to define a poll where to specify the number of tables.

Anyway, I still don't believe people could play on 12 6-max tables. So, 12 means roughly 1000 hands per hour. Which means that you play 16 hands every minute (in average). Suppose you are folding roughly 25% of the time at the pre-flop, you play 4 times a FOLD and then around 12 times you have to play more than 1 move (so minimum 24 moves, I would say, reasonably 40 moves in total).
So, you are going to play around 45 moves per minute.
Considering the moves are (from a time point of view) randomly distributed, you are going to have several minutes where you have to play more than one move per second.

That's simply impossible.