Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Females at the poker table

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't had any men be "nice" to me in that way. I'm not bad looking, either (5'7", 123 lb, blonde, blue/green eyes). However, I'm not "cute" or young (39), and I definitely don't come across as someone who needs help or pity.

Maybe those types of women are getting that type of treatment. LOL.

Maybe I should act helpless and take even more money from the men!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing wrong with being 39, 5'7, & 123lbs darlin'. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Check my nuts................

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to "I'd bust my own mother if she was playing with me in a poker game"?

That guy who checked the nuts doesn't have any of his own and most likely has a small penis to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought that if you seriously wanted to hit on a girl at a poker table then you should bust her as hard as you can. That way she will be fearful and poorer.

Honestly I have had no success doing this when the rare opportunity arises. In fact a girl I busted at 1/2 last Sunday won't even look at me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Does anyone have experience in this area?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just where I play or do guys constantly go out of their way to be nice to them in ways they shouldn't.

I saw one guy CHECK THE NUTS when he was last to act becuase "she's too sweet, I couldn't bet."

Or when a girl goes all in and basically tells the table she has the nuts and someone will call because they want to "be nice to the lady."

Does this kind of stuff happen everywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened to "I'd bust my own mother if she was playing with me in a poker game"?

That guy who checked the nuts doesn't have any of his own and most likely has a small penis to boot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

That said if i was a cute girl I think my win rate would be atleast 2 times what it is... atleast.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it just where I play or do guys constantly go out of their way to be nice to them in ways they shouldn't.

I saw one guy CHECK THE NUTS when he was last to act becuase "she's too sweet, I couldn't bet."

Or when a girl goes all in and basically tells the table she has the nuts and someone will call because they want to "be nice to the lady."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree.

That said if i was a cute girl I think my win rate would be atleast 2 times what it is... atleast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but then you'd waste the money you on, you know, shoes and stuff. (Kidding, ladies...)
Old 05-09-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just where I play or do guys constantly go out of their way to be nice to them in ways they shouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]
In what situations have you ever seen guys not go out of their way to be nice to women?
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen this when women were not involved too.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would question what "nice to the lady" really means...
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only where men play.

Seriously? If I were a woman and I had any cleavage at all, I would wear low cut shirts, sit in the 1 or 10 seat and bend over the table while raking the pots. My guess is that it would condition male players to regularly fold marginal hands. Personally I lose concentration when a woman I am attracted to sits at the table.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were a woman and I had any cleavage at all, I would wear low cut shirts, sit in the 1 or 10 seat and bend over the table while raking the pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would enjoy the 70-year-old guys hitting on you?
I've played poker with some marginal looking women and it's like a non-stop flirt-scene from some creepy older guy or two.
Most recently, the old-guy kept flirting and thinking he was funny after the girl pointed-out that her husband was across the table.

He thought he was hilarious. She thought he was annoying and so did others.

Wife-husband team at the table is something I watch-out for. But she just wasn't very good at all. Kept getting big hands though and took a ton of chips eventually busting her husband which was somewhat amusing.

She also stacked me when my QQ flopped Q77 against her AA but she hit the 2-outer on the river.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't had any men be "nice" to me in that way. I'm not bad looking, either (5'7", 123 lb, blonde, blue/green eyes). However, I'm not "cute" or young (39), and I definitely don't come across as someone who needs help or pity.

Maybe those types of women are getting that type of treatment. LOL.

Maybe I should act helpless and take even more money from the men!

[/ QUOTE ]

Show more bewbie.

Say things like "I have such a pretty pair" when you look at your cards.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously? If I were a woman and I had any cleavage at all, I would wear low cut shirts, sit in the 1 or 10 seat and bend over the table while raking the pots. My guess is that it would condition male players to regularly fold marginal hands. Personally I lose concentration when a woman I am attracted to sits at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why most rooms have dress codes, which, in my experience, are enforced in places in LA and Vegas. However, in my experience, being 23, 5'6", 110lbs is enough on it's own to get constantly hit on. And the old dudes with wives are always the worst. ALWAYS.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:25 PM

Dress codes in Vegas? Yeah, if you're wearing enough clothes to not get arrested on the street, you're good.

I've played poker with some gals that probably would get arrested in Salt Lake City.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:04 PM

LOL @ the thought of a woman needing advice from 2+2ers on how to make men act stupid and give them money.