Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Snapping Hip Syndrome

I first developed Snapping Hip Syndrome a few months ago when I started jogging a little bit. Though I hadn't done any real jogging in over a year, I had picked up jogging out of the blue in the past with no problems. However, I figure what caused the problem was simultaneously starting doing sit ups. I believe the combination over-worked my hip flexor muscles. I wasn't in horrible shape before. I had been doing crunches as opposed to sit ups and had been getting my cardio from a stationary bike. Other than, though, I hadn't been doing too many phsyical activities, and just couldn't handle the sudden stress on that part of my body. After several runs, the symptoms got worse, and I had to abandon jogging. Thankfully, the pain usually dissipates within 24 hours.

I had taken it easy for about a month when I went on a hike last week. It was about 5 miles, with a 1200 ft elevation change uphill, then back. The pain really kicked in coming back downhill. It was actually quite excruciating. So, I'm back to doing no jogging/hiking and certainly no more sit ups. I'm going to give myself 2 months off this time, with daily stretches.

So, I don't know if anyone has had this problem. I had never heard of it before I started searching for information. It pretty much sucks, so if anyone has any knowledge or tips about it, I would appreciate it if you could share.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Snapping Hip Syndrome

Why are you jogging?