Old 01-03-2007, 10:59 AM
marcotilt marcotilt is offline
Junior Member

Default empire poker politics, what would you do...?

hi everyone,
Maybe someone could help me on this matter...

I played a rebuy satelite on empire poker the 29th of January.

I won a ticket for the 200k guaranteed tournament, I received an e-mail from them to congratulate me, and then realize that i could not choose wich date to play the 200k, It was on the 31st, 12.45pm ET, so new years eve evening where I live.

I replied right away, told them I did not know I could not choose the date and ask them if it was possible to play it the week after.

they replied very nicely and told me : "As a special consideration we accept your request to play this tournament next week."

I was so happy...

so on the first of January, I logged in again and tried to register for the tournament on the 7th of january.

My ticket was gone.

after a few e-mails, they explained me that I was registered automatically to the tournament on the 31st, and as I was not logged in my hands where folded until all my chips where gone.

that is what they told me:

"Having checked the hand histories, I see that you did not respond in time and were blinded off, which means that blinds will be posted from his account and this, is what occurred in your case. It is for this reason you are not getting the option of free entry when you are trying to register for the tournament.

As per the standard procedures we follow, the tournament went on smoothly until completion hence, we will not be able to make a refund in this case.

However, as a special consideration I have added $50 to your account. Please understand that this is the maximum favor we could do at this point in time as you were been contacting us from the time you had won the entry. To avoid such things to happen in future, I suggest that you double check if you are registering for the correct tournament."

the thing is that I was registered automatically, and they forgot to make the changes so that I could play on the 7th...

the fact that they gave me 50 $ shows that they had something to compensate...

what should I do now? complain? say thanks and go f... myself...

if someone knows better I am open to any suggestion.

Marco
Old 01-03-2007, 11:13 AM
dlk9s dlk9s is offline

Location: It\'s not gonna happen.
Default Re: empire poker politics, what would you do...?

Write them back, showing them a copy of the e-mail they sent you granting you your request to push the tourney back a week.

I'd also offer to give them the $50 back in exchange for the tournament entry.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:26 AM
marcotilt marcotilt is offline
Junior Member

thank you for your help dlk9s, here is my reply...

hope it will work...

Dear support,

I appreciate very much that you handle this matter seriously, and I thank you for that, but I have to say that I am a little desappointed...

It is very nice that you credited me 50$ back, but I was dreaming on playing this 200k guaranteed tournament. You gave me so much hope when you agreed to let me play on the 7th... (see e-mail below).

In a perfect world, you could take those 50$ back and give me an entry in stead...

Maybe it is too much to ask, or maybe it is not so much for a company such as yours, i do not know, but for me doing this would be absolutely great...

sincerely yours.

Marc

Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 PM
marcotilt marcotilt is offline
Junior Member

did not work... such a shame...

here is the answer:

Hi Marc,

I understand you point with regard to $200K Guaranteed Tournament.
As we have already added $50 into your account as a special consideration, we will not be able to deduct the money and offer you an entry.
Please understand that this is the maximum favor we could do at this point in time as you were been contacting us from the time you had won the entry. To avoid such things to happen in future, I suggest that you double check if you are registering for the correct tournament.

I just hope other people could learn from that...
Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 AM
That Foreign Guy That Foreign Guy is offline

So even though they [censored] up and you have emails to prove it you're out $150?

Sorry to hear that.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:18 PM
marcotilt marcotilt is offline
Junior Member

actually it is $165(200+15 ticket).

it sucks but what can you do. I'll know better next time.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Hopey Hopey is offline

Location: Approving of Iron\'s moderation

[ QUOTE ]
actually it is $165(200+15 ticket).

it sucks but what can you do. I'll know better next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being a push-over. They told you that you could play on January 7th, and then they screwed up by not moving you to that tournament. It's their mistake, not yours.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
marcotilt marcotilt is offline
Junior Member

what can I do? go hire a lawyer in gibraltar for 165$...
I am just a nobody, who was so exited in winning a ticket for 200k tournament.
I didnt know i had been automatically registered on the 31st, and I was not able to register to the tournament for the 7th as it was not available before the 1rst, but then it was too late.

my mistake was not to check if I was registered on the 31st but i thought my e-mail was sufficient.

I am a new customer at empire, no influence whatsoever...
Old 01-04-2007, 01:14 PM
novel20 novel20 is offline

marco, you did not attach the email which they agreed to allow you to play the same tournament 1 week later. How can you miss that?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 PM
WiSeIVIaN WiSeIVIaN is offline

Write another e-mail and act like a pissed off a-hole. Worst case scenario nothing happens, but quite a few times I've seen pay-pro start to cave after some baggering back at forth. Should at least get a $100 comp bonus if your good at debating.