Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Pocket Queens laydown on river. right move???

I was at a live poker game at 2/5NL last night and this laydown is really bugging me. I had about $950 chipstack. So I'm playing pretty tight all night and when I do play, I only show the winner and get away with some bluffs here and there. None of the players were really patient. So I'm UTG+1 and I have QQs. I raise to about $35. The guy next to me calls and everyone folds. and here's the flop.
10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet $75 and my opponent min raises me to $150. I call.
turn comes out 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I check thinking this guy doesn't have a 10 cuz why would he min raise me with a pair of 10s? I put him on a hand like AK or AQ but let me remind you that this guy wasn't too respectful from the information I had on him. Maybe a flush draw. just MAYBE but not likely. After I check, he bets $150 again. I call.
river comes out a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] So yeah there is a flush that might've hit him. BUT there is a pair on the board. I decide to check to see what he does. He asks how much i have. I show him about $600. He bets $600. Then i think about it for awhile and I lay it down. I think it was a horrible lay down because he wouldn't put me all in unless he wanted me to fold. Am I wrong? i mean would he bet that much with just a 10? even if he chased his flush, why would he bet so much when i just checked it to him. I think I got worked... help!
Old 11-13-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Pocket Queens laydown on river. right move???

ummm the vast majority of the range he has crushes you

river is a clear fold...

question is the b/3b flop or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Pocket Queens laydown on river. right move???

yeah river is a fold, against a typical live player I'd make it ~400 and look to shove turn