Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Dont seem to be able to plug leaks in my game

How do i go about discovering leaks in my game and how do I properly get rid of them. I am playing $0.05/$0.10 and have a bankroll of $250 $150 on stars $100 on Titan. It was at $300 but the last couple of weeks I think i have been playing badly. I do not have poker tracker but I am thinking about getting it if it will help improve my game. Would Poker tracker help me fix some of my game?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Dont seem to be able to plug leaks in my game

It will go a long way towards helping you. You'll see the actual numbers on how tight and loose you are and from which positions; how often you're going to showdown and how often you're winning; how you're doing defending and stealing blinds, etc. It can be eyeopening the first time you look at your stats.

Your post suggests that you don't even know what your leaks are. That should get you started. Also, posting hands and responding to others posts will help you too.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:31 AM

Yes, I'd imagine it would quite hard to identify leaks without PT. Definitely worth the money.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:06 AM

yea i'm also wondering about that. when trying to identify leaks in my game, i don't know what to look for. could someone give me a list of some things i need to look out for?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yea i'm also wondering about that. when trying to identify leaks in my game, i don't know what to look for. could someone give me a list of some things i need to look out for?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
there's a great post about analyzing your PT stats here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4946669
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 AM

Yeah, you definitely need to get Pokertracker. You can then review your sessions, sorted by amount lost and really see where you are losing money.

A common leak (it was also one of mine) is overplaying TPTK, ie calling an all-in with it when you are obviously beat by a set or an overpair.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:55 AM

get pokertracker. You will be able to see if you need to tighten up or be more aggressive, if youre losing too much money from the blinds, it will help you with your positional play. Also even if you are unsure what the stats mean if you post them on here people will be able to tell you where they think youre going wrong.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:51 AM

I just got it, and it literally improved my game overnight
Old 10-24-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can then review your sessions, sorted by amount lost and really see where you are losing money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd add that I think it's also helpful to review the hands where you make money, since you could be improving your play here, too. Maybe you find that you're missing out on value bets and not winning nearly as much as you should or perhaps you realize you've played the hand terribly and really didn't deserve to win at all.

FWIW, when I review a session, I review all of the hands of any significance that I'm involved in, win or lose. Don't assume that just because you took down a pot meant you played leak-free.