Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Studying Abroad in Europe- Any chance of Depositing?

In the Czech Republic from 8/24 until 12/14- Have a student visa and address through my host school (NYU). Is there anything I can do to set up a profile on any of the major sites while here in Europe? If anyone can help me with the details of this situation, I'd imagine they'd be here.

I know this may have been asked before. Are there any steps I can take to get a fresh deposit in here, or is it no dice?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Studying Abroad in Europe- Any chance of Depositing?

yes. You will be able to get a Czech bank account and buy a prepaid mobile phone. From this you will be able to open a NETeller account (with your passport, bank statement, and visa). Then you can fund any of the sites.

Alternatively, if you already had a NETeller account, you can tell NETeller you have moved to the Czech Republic, and send them the same documents as proof.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:21 PM

See if a bank will let you open a dollar or Euro denominated account, so you don't take a beating if the local currency heads south.

MoneyBookers and Click2Pay are also options, depending on where you want to play.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Most sites have either MoneyGram or Western Union. You just contact the site. Get sending instructions and then go to a local MG/WU agent and you are done.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:23 AM

I like the netteller route the best, but a few questions. How do I cash from my Czech bank when I go back to the states? When I return will Netteller be able to check that? The last think I need is any more $ frozen.

Are there better options? If so plz walk me through them...I'm rather inexperienced in these matters and I can offer you infi karma points for good instruction.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 AM

bump plz
Old 09-13-2007, 07:52 AM

Neteller can detect where you log in from. When Neteller was still available in North America I logged in from Canada then drove to Syracuse to play live and logged in again and they locked my account because it was logged into from two different countries a few hours apart. So they will know you are back in the States.

The question is will Neteller care? I don't know. I have bank accounts in Europe and a vacation home there so I have been considering re-opening a Neteller account but I'm worried that when they see that I log in 99.9% of the time from Canada they'll lock my account.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller can detect where you log in from. When Neteller was still available in North America I logged in from Canada then drove to Syracuse to play live and logged in again and they locked my account because it was logged into from two different countries a few hours apart. So they will know you are back in the States.

The question is will Neteller care? I don't know. I have bank accounts in Europe and a vacation home there so I have been considering re-opening a Neteller account but I'm worried that when they see that I log in 99.9% of the time from Canada they'll lock my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened to me when i was in Italy. When i called Neteller, the security department informed that locking my account when i log in from a different country is a security measure that can be deactivated if i so desire. So i believe if you call them you can deactivate it as well and have no problem to log in from every country.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 AM

Yes. I explained that I go to the States often and the problem was resolved in one call. That though was when Neteller was still allowed in North America. Now that they have ceased to service both US and Canadian customers would they still allow someone to have an account if they had European bank accounts and a European address but they did all their transactions from a IP that located them in North America and also used the ATM card exclusively at North American machines?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM

Which makes it sound like my money will be frozen sooner or later on Neteller. Double-dog-damn.

Which sites will still ship you checks? Thinking of setting up a profile on FTP and maybe sending some to Stars through my existing (though defunct) account there. Should I/can I use my American address for that, but ship it through a local (Czech) Western Union?