Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: BvB trying not to be nitty

If he's 2 barreling with AK or whatever isn't it best to raise it up here to stop (well at least charge) him hitting on the river?

Also if I call now, hit my flush I might not get any further action on the river.

I don't know how this affects whether pushing is good or bad!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:25 PM

Standard - And I would never fold 76s to a raise from the SB - your positional advantage is huge. Abuse the hell out of the button and big blind when it's folded around.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:26 PM

hmm

I dont like it because it seems we're turning our hand in to a bluff. I think we have the best hand most of the time here bc I doubt he has a Nine. He could have A9, but that's obv going to call a push. But if you just call A9 is also about the only hand that will bet the river.

I'd rather just call here then either fold or bet most rivers. But it seems I'm in the minority...
Old 11-24-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get looked up with like middle pair in this spot all day, maybe thats just me though. and like i said, if he's 2 barreling you its not like you have to worry about bluffing him off cause youre already ahead.

just cause you 2barrel a lot or bet/fold the turn doesnt mean thats what the majority of opponents do. he didnt give any read on his opponent, so just assume an unknown... most unknowns arent bet/folding blind vs blind that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am torn in this one. Naz says if he's 2 barreling we dont have to worry since we have the best hand. If we know he is likely to be two barreling, then we should raise, though, right? Or do you think it's still best to call and let him 3 barrel (in which case it's still a difficult call for us ui). I just dont like the idea of giving him a free shot to improve if he is two barreling.

Basically, if we think he's two barreling and we think our hand is best, then it's best to raise, right?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daddy likey.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol little weird coming from a mod
Old 11-24-2007, 02:31 PM

I just dont think your standard 100nl unknown is bet folding an overpair, blind vs blind for 100bbs like ever. and its not like this is full tilt where he could just be mashing the bet pot button, he's typing these bets in. trying to get an overpair to fold in this spot seems suicidal to me, but w/e everyone seems to love it cause its "aggro and we dont wanna seem weak" so what do i know.

we have no read so its not like we should expect him to be 2 barreling with air here very often and if he does have air, is it really that important to fold it out? overs only have 4 outs as we have the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s covered.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM

This isn't the same as "turning our hand into a bluff". We have fold equity against better hands here and possibly against higher draws as well.

And yes, we do have fold equity against better hands
Old 11-24-2007, 02:50 PM

We have a monster hand - double gutshot, pair, and flush draw. Have you noticed we're basically flipping (45% equity) with any overpair except 88? If there's even a small chance he'll fold overpairs a shove is very profitable. Also, draws make up a significant part of his range which he'll have to fold.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 PM

This is sexy.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:52 PM

which better hands traz?