Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Fall Fashions (and good deals on fashions!)

what about using a different foot pad or moleskin? I'm not sure if doubling on socks is going to actually work and I feel like my feet won't be able to breathe.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:56 PM

Any of you guys know here to get coupons for bluefly?

Their website says you can only use dollar off coupons on orders of 100 dollars or more, I would like to order some jeans and want to see if I can get some coupons?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, got it. I would expect made to order Green to start around $1800 now. FWIW, they used to be for sale at a number of US stores for under $700 about 7 years ago, and they made a big push into bespoke and semi-bespoke around then. I'm pretty sure they stole away someone from Cleverley around then who has since moved on to start his own, well regarded bespoke shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea where you can find them in the US these days? I was in London last year and looked at them but never tried them on since I had no intention of buying. I regret that now because I would consider buying a pair in the future and I'd like to find out how they fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you live in the SF Bay area or Lubbock, TX, go to Maloufs. If not, look in this thread:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...ad.php?t=51750
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you live in the SF Bay area or Lubbock, TX, go to Maloufs. If not, look in this thread:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't live near those places. I guess I'll wait until next time I'm in London or New York.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Unfortunately I don't live near those places. I guess I'll wait until next time I'm in London or New York.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Saks is the only place I know in NY who carries EG and their selection is limited to maybe a dozen shoes. I think you're better off going to London. Of course, if you're going there and spending that kind of coin, might as well go to Cleverley.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Saks is the only place I know in NY who carries EG and their selection is limited to maybe a dozen shoes. I think you're better off going to London. Of course, if you're going there and spending that kind of coin, might as well go to Cleverley.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw the listing of places that carry their shoes and Jay Kos also carries them though I can't imagine that they would have a large selection either.

Isn't a bespoke shoe from Cleverly significantly more expensive than a mto from Edward Green? Or are you telling me to sac-up and spend the extra bucks?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:25 PM

at the original penguin, what color is kaffee? i can't tell w/ my monitors at work. black, dark brown?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Monday I saw a shop in Carmarthen, Wales that has decent clothes, walk in prior to lunch to find they stock clothes I'd wear. Of course, the clothes I want are all one-size too large - they order sweaters and coats to the store for me to try on later.

A sweater from Ted Baker was nice but didn't fit well in size 3 or 4 - I didn't want to commit to either size since I haven't seen a gym for four weeks. Naturally they want me to buy more than one article of clothing, they offer 20% off the bill if I purchase a second item. GG, that's +ev. There's a Ted Baker shirt with an epaulet, I don't see to many men wearing similar shirts. This also solves the do I have a shirt I could wear to a club problem.

G-star raw coat: http://www.republic.co.uk/invt/57342...p;layout=empty
edit: pics of shirt: http://www.asos.com/Ted-Baker/Ted-Baker-...aspx?iid=168238
its hard to see the epaulet, bah.

bbv - One of the cute girls working there is throwing hints at me, flirting on both visits to her store. I ask her what she's doing for Halloween - spending time with her cousins.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 PM

that is an awesome coat
Old 10-31-2007, 05:20 PM

i like the coat too maulik. i would however use fingernail clippers to cut the thread around the logo patch and remove it. i hate logos on nice clothes anyway, but especially on this coat where the logo forces itself to be the focal point of an otherwise very clean looking piece.