Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Heroes 5/14

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
3- Parkman's gambit with the guard was just kinda lame. Much like the voting thing, it's just sorta weird writing that hinges on the universe being fundamentally retarded in order to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, simply picking up a password or something would have been a lot more believable.

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't a password. There's a badge system and Parkman "forgot" his badge that day.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2 or maybe 3 major characters died in this episode (I personally think DL is dead but maybe not). That isn't anything happening?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think DL lives since Sylar gets his powers in the future.

This episode and the last weren't the best but I am expecting a lot from next week!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was in future #2 though. (#1-Claire dies, Sylar is bomb, #2-Claire lives, Peter is bomb), maybe DL doesn't get debrained now

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter was the bomb in future #1 as well. In both futures, everyone thought Sylar was the bomb and was wrong. That's why saving Claire didn't change anything.

And yes, Sylar killing DL was in future #2, but what has Hiro done that would change that? Nothing that I can think of, so if DL is dead/dying, that's a pretty huge plot hole in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

In future #1, Hiro stabs Sylar but Sylar heals (Claire's brain) and explodes. F Hiro says he stabbed Sylar.

Maybe in future #1, DL doesn't go to NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, in both futures it was Peter who exploded and everyone believed it was Sylar because Nathan lied about it. The only reason to believe it was Sylar is because Future Hiro believed it was Sylar, but future Hiro was wrong. It makes a lot more sense to believe that it was Peter both times and Future Hiro didn't know than to believe that it actually changed. Having the bomb change from one person to another is a pretty huge timeline change and for it to coincidentally work out the same is pretty absurd. I'm not saying the show is incapable of this level of absurdity, but Peter being the bomb in both futures is simply way more logical and therefore way more likely IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Peter morph into Sylar (a power he doesn't even have at the moment) while fighting Hiro? Why would he even bother fighting Hiro at all? They both want to stop the bomb.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5- The guy playing Syler rules. He just gets the best facial expressions.

[/ QUOTE ]

<3 Syler's character.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1- This is me being a nit, but Nathan's victory margin would be so out of wack with exit polls that it would never stand up. That doesn't really effect the plot right now, but it's a horrible plan on Linderman's part. Still cute idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought the kid was going to pull a Stainless Steal Rat and give Nathan 100% of the vote so everyone would know the fix was in.

[ QUOTE ]

4- Dude can take himself and other folks out of phase, so instead of making his girl unsolid, instead he solids himself to take a bullet. Say what now? Dude needs to brush up on his X-Men. Extra points for the gully brain move though.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he phases through a wall in a high-rise building, why doesn't he also fall through the floor? How is he able to move while fully phased if his feet aren't pushing against the floor?
Old 05-16-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really thought the kid was going to pull a Stainless Steal Rat and give Nathan 100% of the vote so everyone would know the fix was in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, something about his facial expression made me think he'd double-crossed Linderman by doing something like this.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:13 PM

Cry, in the X-Men it's stated Kitty Pride (same power as DL) sort of floats on molecules when phasing.