Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: US Book with quick payouts?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, this seems like a pretty good thread to complain about VIP delaying my cashout.

So I go to cashout, but VIP says wait, we need a credit card authorization form, and copies of the front and back, and copies of a photo ID before we can do that. Of course it is only because we want to verify it is you, for your own good! (Note: I deposited with this card almost a year ago.)

So I do ALLLLLLL that...ok, cashout time...ohhhh wait - we didn't get the copy of the back of your card. (Note: I checked my sent folder, and I the copy of the back was attached with everything else just like I thought it was.) Also we need a copy of a utility bill or bank statement to verify your address. (E-statements FTW!)

Wonder what it will be next? Grandfather's birth certificate? Visa to Thailand? Photocopied shoeprints (left and right)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got practically the same exact runaround, even down to the 'sorry the fax didn't work'. I mean I faxed them every sensitive piece of financial information I have, and I get the fax confirmation saying it went through fine, then 3 days later I call and they say sorry, didn't get it, don't know why. I pictured some janitor walking by the fax machine and grabbing the feed. Thanks!

Eventually, the payout worked, but it took 3-4 total faxes, a couple irate emails, accusations of bad faith operations, the whole works. However it does appear they reliably pay out, they just want to make you earn it.

--

Then there's this - several months ago I was making routine transfers into Bodog through Nucharge of $300 bucks per transaction. Then, 2 months after the last deposit, my account gets frozen and they tell me they haven't received the cash from my last deposit. It was true, I just hadn't noticed (the nucharge deposit never actually cleared my bank account). So I told them okay take $300 off my account balance. No, can't do it, needs to be a fresh deposit. I try my credit card, the one I had verified long ago, but of course it doesn't work anymore (thus the reason I had switched to nucharge). So I say I'll do nucharge again. No dice, that won't work cause that site has me frozen also, and only way to unfreeze it is to clear this up with bodog. They say do ewalletxpress - sweet, 40% fee or whatever it is. Finally I get my debit card to go through and give them the cash.

Now, I want to take money out, and it's the old 'your credit card must be verified.' Back to square 1. Except I've now moved and I get e-statements. So I had to finally order the DMV change of address form for my license so my faxed license copy will match up, and I switched my bank account statements to manual so I have something to fax (I assume they don't take computer printouts?). I'll have to wait for all that to go through before playing the half dozen fax game again.

F Bodog, I'm going to bookmaker.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:24 AM

Anyone have any experiences using BetJam's ATM card?
It sounds like one of the best options to me...
Old 09-22-2007, 01:26 AM

The Greek is easily the fastest and most reliable. I also always pay for FedEx.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:30 AM

Bookmaker fees are so steep but their early lines make them worth it, other than that I'm not sure why a recreational bettor or later moving pro would even consider them. They rarely have the best line later, sometimes they have a lean but its somewhat rare compared to most books, and the fees are brutal.

BetJam or TheGreek much better choices for 90% of bettors over Bookmaker IMO. I like TheGreeks software much better but they don't have as many perks as Bet Jam, -105 on Fridays being the big one.