Default AJ - Stack Decision on Flop

PokerStars $0.50/$1.00 No-Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

SB: $157.25
BB: $19.00
UTG: $139.60
CO: $100.00
Button: $108.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $14</font>, BB folds, Button calls $10.

Flop: ($29.00) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $18</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises to $94.50 (all in)</font>, Hero...

Villain is a 15/13 tag, generally straight-forward. I'm getting okay odds, but I don't think he's shoving with too many hands that I'm ahead.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: AJ - Stack Decision on Flop

He has to have exactly KQ of hearts for you to be ahead IMO so easy fold. Raise it more preflop or just fold if he doesn't steal alot.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 AM

in general against a 15/13 you're probably in trouble here equity wise. This is a nice pokerstove excercise for you FatedEquity. Since you only have call and fold options, you should be able to assign your opponent a range and figure out whether you should be calling or not.

DD, you've said before that you play a pretty laggy style...I think you can make a pretty strong argument for folding AJ here pf against this nit but if the button was 25/18 or 30/20 or something, are ever cold calling here pf? What about AJs?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 PM

AJs could see a coldcall maybe. I would reraise the guys you mention unless I thought they had those stats AND were really tough smart guys. I never play/played high enough stakes NL where that was generally the case but every now and then there was a guy on a bunch of my tables who seemed to be too good for me to want to play AJo OOP.

LAGgy style is great but I play most of my pots in position [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey