Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Going pro

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP- I thought you just went through a bad downswing or am I thinking of someone else? maybe your back out and feeling better about your game...the +3bb WR is impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just under 300BB , it was all in a 4 day period which is what it really intense. I won it all back and a little more after that..

Before that my WR was 3.5BB/100

[/ QUOTE ]

The downswing is part of your WR. But you know that, so your true win rate probably ~ 2.5.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP- I thought you just went through a bad downswing or am I thinking of someone else? maybe your back out and feeling better about your game...the +3bb WR is impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well just under 300BB , it was all in a 4 day period which is what it really intense. I won it all back and a little more after that..

[/ QUOTE ]

The downswing is part of your WR. But you know that, so your true win rate probably ~ 2.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

? Either you misinterpreted me or I dont get your logic. The 3.0BB/100 is including the downswing.. Did I miss something?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

? Either you misinterpreted me or I dont get your logic. The 3.0BB/100 is including the downswing.. Did I miss something?

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I only saw the 3.5 number. My bad. Is this at 2/4 or 5/T, if I may ask?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:18 PM

2/4, 3/6 and 5/T..

Ive posted the winrate breakdown in a thread a while ago about stats or winrate.. If you care enough check through my last 30 posts or so.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM

Jesu Christo, you just graduated college and you want to go pro ... [censored] yah go pro. While your at it, drink a six pack a night, sleep on the beach, back pack europe, and meet many many beautiful girls, you only get to do your 20s once, so do it up! I wouldn't call it going pro, but I lived off a 1000 dollar bank roll for a year, every time I got knocked down, I'd just drop down limits and work my way back up. The lower the limit, the worse the players, so you can't go broke. As far as the Poker well drying up post UIGEA... there will always be good live games.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM

going "pro" nice and all but just make sure you keep other options in the back of your mind. I don't see online limit games as being an easy 200k+++ a year job, which is something they absolutely were pre-legislation. That being said all the aggrevation of the new 1000k bet downswings should encourage you to keep options open if things continue to get worse. It could be im just a donk but I am a donk whose played far to many hands and has brutally experienced variance. I am in your boat though (just graduated) and I am gonna test out the waters over next couple months and see if i can make a decent salary.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:52 AM

A winrate of 3 is impossible multitabling Stars 5/10. 2 is phenomenal. 1 is good and probably the top 10-15 percentile of winners in this game.

I really envy people who just win win win. I don't think I've ever had an extended super hot run. It just hasn't ever happened. I go up, down, up, up, down, down, up, down, and overall I end slightly up. It has always been like this for me. I was telling jba at the tables today that I feel like my A game is definitely near the best at the stupid Stars 5/10 game, but it doesn't matter. I can't win.

I played my A game for 1700 hands today. I folded a couple winners because some guy 2 barreled with air OTB after the PFR checked to him on the turn. I had A3 on AK942 and he bet the turn and river 3-way with QT. The other guy check called the river with JT.

I lost with AQs, AQo, AJs, AJo, ATo, KK, KJs, KJo, KTs, KTo, QJs, and JJ, among other hands. I just stopped at -100 BB for the night. Showdown stats of 30/50. Just an insane, ridiculous run where everyone hit everything, I flopped nothing and when I did flop a draw, it just never came through. This happens all the time to me. Basically it gets to the point where I never expect draws to hit.

Here's a hand from late in my session today against a 2+2er, I guess to prove to myself that I was playing well all the way through.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

2p2er said, "lol"
2p2er said, "waited too long"
ysscky said, "i dont think u have a K"
2p2er said, "ok"
2p2er said, "here's 10"

MP calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

Results:
Hero has Qc Qh (one pair, queens).
MP has Jc Js (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.20 BB.

2p2er says, "sick"
Old 04-24-2007, 01:36 AM

bbv?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It just hasn't ever happened. I go up, down, up, up, down, down, up, down, and overall I end slightly up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be going up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A , START. That's why you're not winning.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It just hasn't ever happened. I go up, down, up, up, down, down, up, down, and overall I end slightly up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be going up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A , START. That's why you're not winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instant +30 BB.