Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 07:19 PM

Default A5s would you have done things different?

This hand has many villains, I like to call AXs when there are this many limpers, not really sure if this is a leak or not, that is my first question. The table is very loose very passive. generally this many people on every hand going all the way to the river. Dream table.

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Think preflop is a leak calling Axs in multi way pots?

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

pretty much the perfect flop, already have the straight, with the nut flush and straight flush draw. I thought about raising, but I thought if I just call the same action might take place on the turn and I can raise the entire field then. Also not really afraid of anything hitting.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

like I said...

River: (12.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Would you have played it differently anywhere?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Re: A5s would you have done things different?

Raise the flop. I don't get this sudden passiveness on the flop from the micro board. You are missing some value!
Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 PM

Preflop is perfect. Ace-rag suited plays well multi-way.

The flop is a raise. You have four people in front of you who are all likely to call your raise. Get their money while they're still in the pot!

Turn and river look good to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 07:24 PM

You realize that you have a straight on the flop? And all the callers trapped between you and the lead bettor? Raise the flop and hope everyone has hearts.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 PM

If the blinds are passive I guess PF is fine as long as you play well post flop.

On the flop, just get the [censored] money in already! Where is the picture of that dead kitten.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop. I don't get this sudden passiveness on the flop from the micro board. You are missing some value!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I may have gotten more value from it this way? Instead of getting 1BB from each player and having them c/c the rest of the way I got 2BB from them on the turn, gaining an extra SB from each player?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think I may have gotten more value from it this way? Instead of getting 1BB from each player and having them c/c the rest of the way I got 2BB from them on the turn, gaining an extra SB from each player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Woulda, coulda, shoulda really sucks. It is just as likely that the BB isn't going to bet the turn and you are only going to get 1 bet out of the rest of the pack anyway. If you have reads that these guys shut down with strong draws or are foldy let us know. You have a strong hand that can still get drawn out on and lots of people who this could hit. Give them the chance to put money in the pot.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what happens if BB bets on the turn and everybody folds to you? Now you raise (get SB out) and are HU with BB, who you won't be able to get that much value out.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:37 PM

:grunch:

Preflop call is standard.

In the name of all that's holy raise the flop. You have the chance to trap 4 players for two bets with what is almost certainly the best hand. Even if you are somehow behind, you have the nut flush draw.

Turn and river are fine.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what happens if BB bets on the turn and everybody folds to you? Now you raise (get SB out) and are HU with BB, who you won't be able to get that much value out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I see your point, raise the entire field when you can do it for sure. This table had been calling all the way down, which is why I thought to do it this way. Thanks for the reply Bella