Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:59 AM

Default 88 monotone board

villain is 44/6/5 over ~20 hands
I probably should have just potted it pre-flop but oh well.

Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

SB: $11.15
BB: $13.00
UTG: $13.95
CO: $14.55
Button: $54.95

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO folds, Button calls $0.10, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, BB folds, Button calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.70) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $0.50</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises to $1.70</font>, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.10) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets $2.40</font>, Hero ?

He's not likely to have a flush on the flop, but I am afraid of him drawing to a 1 card flush. I decide to wait for a safe card on the turn and the perfect card hits. Do I shove here?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: 88 monotone board

What the hell kind of hand is the button going to limp with when the table folds to him?
I might call to see the river, but you are kind of short, so you're going to be at a decision for all your chips come the river. Folding would probably be best. You're at BEST against two overs, and a flush draw.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:11 AM

I would have folded the flop, but I understand your plan and now you should proceed with it and push.

The reason I fold the flop is that even though you are likely ahead now, you're opponent probably has a minimum of 12 outs. So you lose half the time you are ahead, and are crushed the times you are already behind. And being OOP doesn't help either.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell kind of hand is the button going to limp with when the table folds to him?
I might call to see the river, but you are kind of short, so you're going to be at a decision for all your chips come the river. Folding would probably be best. You're at BEST against two overs, and a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the button might limp with weirdo rags like J7, then he hits top pair and starts "protecting?" However likely or unlikely it is, looking at his stats and position, I think he has a huge range here.

I don't know if I love a shove (I think it might be vaguely +EV) but I do know that the best case isn't 2 overs and a draw, it's a pair of 7's or something.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:32 AM

meh.. I probably just complete small blind b/c of being OOP vs aggressive villain unless he is &gt;50% likely to fold his limp and I doubt that with such a small preflop raise. a limped pot is likely easier to play b/c of never being committed with pot sized bets on every street. make it .50 preflop if that's your plan. it's likely to have more fold equity than .30 and when you c-bet turn and he raises, it makes the stacks a bit better to either fold or shove.