Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who pays for your education?
Parents 117 33.52%
Other relatives 10 2.87%
Student loans 52 14.90%
Financial aid 69 19.77%
You 87 24.93%
other 14 4.01%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And yet, if he is convicted, you and others will certainly hold that up as the centerpiece in your reasoning.

Must be nice to have it both ways.

Conviction = Guilty
Acquittal = Still Guilty

[/ QUOTE ]wow i take this to mean if bonds is convicted, redbean will not give excuses that the trial was unfair, or that the jury was biased, or that the defense was feeble, or that media blah blah blah, but will accept the fact that bonds did steroids and will recant all his earlier statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly? I'd say yes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:55 AM

In my opinion it looks more likely Bonds is going to be found innocent than not.

Anyway, RedBean wins again. TMTTR is so biased that you can't even take his opinion seriously, he goes against all facets of logic.

"

And yet, if he is convicted, you and others will certainly hold that up as the centerpiece in your reasoning.

Conviction = Guilty
Acquittal = Still Guilty

Yikes.

In other words, Bonds hasn't even presented his defense to any of the allegations, and you are saying you are completely incapable of considering him anything but guilty.

Wow. Simply wow..."

/thread
Old 11-18-2007, 09:45 AM

Is Vyse for real? In the matter of just a few words, he gives an opinion you can't take seriously and then says mine can't be taken seriously without explaining why -- although it seems clear he has come here to slam me because he is still upset than I have beaten him into the metaphorical bloody pulp in our earlier exchange.

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion it looks more likely Bonds is going to be found innocent than not.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops. You dont't get "found innocent," you get found not guilty. Big difference. See OJ.

How can you not understand the U.S. judicial system? Bonds can be found not guilty of perjury and still have used steroids. Indeed he might have still known he used steroids. If he is found not guilty under the criminal law for perjury, it doesn't even mean he didn't lie. Indeed it could still be more likely than not that he did lie. Criminal trials have very high burdens of proof to protect the innocent even though it allows some of the bad guys to get away.

Bonds may truly have never used steroids -- but there is a lot of evidence to overcome to reach that conclusion and it would likely involve proving a tremendous conspiracy against him.

[ QUOTE ]

TMTTR is so biased that you can't even take his opinion seriously, he goes against all facets of logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from Vyse the Illogical, this is a compliment. I have no bias against Bonds. i have posted mostly facts and my opinions are backed up by facts or published reports by reputable sources.

Please attack one point that I have made. Please tell me what is clearly not true.

But those requests are futile. I have already proven Vyse incapable of rational thought in our earlier meetings on other topics. Yet, you keep coming back to insult and prove yourself lame, overwhelmed and unworthy of serious consideration.

[ QUOTE ]
/thread

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you mean "/vyse" before he sticks his foot back in his mouth. Too late.

In short, for vyse: Long posts you disagree with != illogical. You need to show the holes. You never do.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bad news RedBean look at the prosecutions positive drug test. airtight IMO.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/...ind-of-sketch/

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF I thought everyone in the media is a douchebag part of a hudge conspiracy out to get Bonds?
Old 11-18-2007, 01:42 PM

Why is it such a big deal that Bonds used steroids and not a big deal that tons of others did?

Why does everyone make a big deal out of this leaked testimony that doesn't even show valid evidence of Bonds using steroids, while the Grimsley report names Clemens, Pettite, Tejada, etc. and nobody cares?

Why can Palmeiro scream he never used steroids under oath, test positive for steroids, and nobody care?

Why can Merriman test positive for steroids and nobody care -even elected him to the pro bowl!

If you really think this is about how bad steroids is and how lying is bad you are completely ignorant/dreaming/etc.

TMTTR,

You said that there is proof Bonds used steroids....

LOL
Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"And yet, if he is convicted, you and others will certainly hold that up as the centerpiece in your reasoning.

Conviction = Guilty
Acquittal = Still Guilty

Yikes.

In other words, Bonds hasn't even presented his defense to any of the allegations, and you are saying you are completely incapable of considering him anything but guilty.

Wow. Simply wow..."

/thread

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah flame all you want, when you're getting owned all you can do is flame. but there's a reason why you won't even bother to reply to the above, because it's 100% true and it owns everything about you.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:03 PM

Vyse,

I'm pretty sure the reason you should be ignored is that you're a huge POS troll who deliberately derails every thread you post in, not for the lame-ass substitute reasons you provide.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:41 PM

Unscientifically and purely based on my own hazy remembrances, but it seems that a lot of the people who are up in arms about Bonds were writing a lot of "Pete Rose should go in the Hall if he apologizes" columns and before his admission were in the "Rose either didn't bet on baseball or if he did he only bet on his team so he didn't do anything wrong" group.

Just for my edification, could some of the more outspoken people in this thread give their opinions on Rose PRIOR to Rose's admission when the issue was still in doubt?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vyse,

I'm pretty sure the reason you should be ignored is that you're a huge POS troll who deliberately derails every thread you post in, not for the lame-ass substitute reasons you provide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad I didn't write it, RedBean did. Stop breathing.

Glad I can keep pissing you off, though. What does it say about you that every time you respond to me you're always reduced to third-grade flaming? It amuses me.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vyse,

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT