Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Default PLO on AP buyin questions...Please help

I've noticed that on AP they let you buy in for 200BBs instead of the usual 100 standard on most other sites. IMO, i think playing deeper is much better for post flop sharks rather than those preflop nits who sit to repot AAragrag. It is true that other sites only allow 100BBs right? Opinions?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: PLO on AP buyin questions...Please help

depends of limits?
dunno about AP but in iPoker, CakePoker, FTP, PartyPoker you can get only 100BB max with on PLO10+ tables
Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 AM

AP is the only site i know of with 200bb buyins. the game can get really deep at times
Old 08-31-2007, 07:06 AM

also 24hpoker/b2b network, though I wouldn't be surprised to hear that no longer exists.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:52 AM

Depends I think. Against some opponents deep stack games become not very good as their is little gambling. In others it widens the game up and it becomes action packed. Think about this question though. Why are people that pot with AAxx any different than people only pot with the post flop nuts? The only difference is the frequency and the amount with which they get money in with the best hand.

I do think the 100BB was invented for holdem and simply applied to omaha because no one thought about whether they were equivalent games. It would be nice to at least have the option to play deeper, not that you should necessarily use it on all occasions.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends I think. Against some opponents deep stack games become not very good because as their is little gambling. In others it widens the game up and it becomes action packed. Think about this question though. Why are people that pot with AAxx any different than people only pot with the post flop nuts? The only difference is the frequency and the amount with which they get money in with the best hand.

I do think the 100BB was invented for holdem and simply applied to omaha because no one thought about whether they were equivalent games. It would be nice to at least have the option to play deeper, not that you should necessarily us it on all occasions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Us Europeans thought about it when we started playing Omaha. Only the dumb yanks who insist on the 100bb thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2007, 12:15 PM

Yeah I don't want to sound like a shill but I think people should try to support sites with deeper buyins like AP. It has been nice actually having a few tables of 1/2 and 2/4 with 200bb effective stacks going lately.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I don't want to sound like a shill but I think people should try to support sites with deeper buyins like AP. It has been nice actually having a few tables of 1/2 and 2/4 with 200bb effective stacks going lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, i find it easier to see more flops and make more post flop play rather than preflop which is nice