Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: GG Colorado Rockies - Widow gets playoff share

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lfs,

I understand what you're saying. The amount of positive PR that they are going to get does not equal the amount of effort they put into giving that women this share. I think it's awesome that they did this, but I am sure the ESPN hype machine will turn this into something it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. No one's saying it's not a nice gesture, just that it's not all it's going to be made out to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it's every bit it'll be made out to be. A pregnant woman with two children lost her husband, and a group of people are just giving her potentially $350k+.

I have a feeling she considers them heroes, and given that she's the only person with any meaningful perspective on this situation, I'm gonna have to agree.

This is a life-changing event for the family, both financially and emotionally. Perhaps you may feel it's blown out of proportion when you're on the outside looking in, but if you put yourself in that family's shoes I think you'll find it's an overwhelming, probably incomprehensible act of kindness.