Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 11:49 PM

Default 25NL- I never know what to do in these spots

Villain is 41/4/0.56. Standard loose passive donk. No other reads. I'll save my thought cause I don't want to skew the responses.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $82.55
SB: $5.35
BB: $28.70
UTG: $39.85
CO: $79.45

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls $1.15, BB calls $1, UTG folds

Flop: ($4) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, SB folds, BB calls $3.25

Turn: ($11) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $5</font>,
Old 11-29-2007, 11:52 PM

Default Re: 25NL- I never know what to do in these spots

turn card sucks. I'd call and fold to a river push.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 AM

He called you PF but he's loose and he was in the BB. You have a good hand on the flop but made flushes and FD are in his range at this point.

I like the flop raise. But now that he calls means he has something, even if it's a draw. Given his PF range your facing either a made flush or a flush draw. I don't think he's holding a stronger hand like a set or or K9. I think he would have raised given the clubs being out there. To me this is often a draw with that .25 bet. His calling makes me think he's drawing to a club.

On the turn if you call, then what do you do if he bets for value on the river? Call again and see a made flush? If you raise now, he's probably going to chase anyways.

Edit: I think the queen hit him and he's still drawing. Get it all in now.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 AM

Getting it all in now seems a bit spewy, especially considering his looseness pre and his low aggression. Yeah, a lot of the time he's making this bet to set the price on his draw and calling gives him a free shot, but the rest of the time he's got you drawing thin or dead.

I would call here and call a blank river if he makes another smallish bet (1/2 pot or less), fold to anything more.

In all honesty, I don't think folding turn would be that bad.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 AM

I think calling turn and most rivers as well as just folding are good options. Shoving turn is meh, not spew but slightly -EV if I had to guess. Folding will lower variance because this HAS to be close, though you lose what you invested already which sucks. I'd probably call down but that could be a leak.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 AM

These are interesting spots. As played I call the turn fear a club on the river. I don't think that we can narrow his hand down to QQ specifiaclly and then fold to a shove on a non club river. I am calling turn lead bet and calling any non club river card.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:41 AM

What are we putting our opponent on here? A made flush?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:55 AM

There are tons of hands in his range that have us beat or are not far behind, there are certainly a few we have beat, but villain has a very low aggression factor yet seems to like his hand.

AcJx, AcTx, KQ, JT, Q9, KJc, KTc, TTc, JJc, QcJ, 33, 99, made flushes, etc. I mean really, 41 vpip is all kinds of hands, and we have 1 pair with little chance of improving against a guy who is very passive, but decided to bet into the pre flop raiser on 2 streets.

These type of hands just always seem to end in disaster. Try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 AM

Shoving the turn here is horrible.
Im happy to call and re-evaluate in river, if its a blank i might call a small bet.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 AM

I overlooked the small aggression factor as mentioned. What was the sample size? Throwing the shove out, I'd prefer folding turn over calling weak twice.