Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Default 9K hands of PLO100, analyze me please!

i have played PLO since i started poker, not a lot, just tried a few times in the beginning at micros and 5dollar-tourneys.
anyway i started playing it a little more at PLO50 and PLO100 a few months ago but it has always been more for pure fun and i did my grinding at texas and donkaments.
anyway i was a bit tired of texas and decided to give PLO a real shot since i enjoy it even though the variance can be massive.
i have however really come to understand the game and what works and when.
i dont claim to be incredible though and i have a lot of issues with my game, for example being a 22/8/0.8 hurts my feelings(hey wtf im not weaktight am i?) but it seems to work in the aggressive games i play.
i wanted to play 10K hands and my goal was 10PTBB/100 hands.
maybe i could reach it if i played the last 1K hands before i posted because i have been very over and a little under every now and then.

anyway, i would greatly appreciate any input on my game and what i could improve.
i could obv be looser and more aggressive but the players i play are often very fishy and aggro and i find it hard to run over them, i just gotta show them a hand.

i win in the small blind, is that weird?
i loose in the big blind which is to be expected but winning in small blind is because i receive good odds and choose goods hands to enter with? but position is terrible...variance or standard?

Stats are:
23/8.5/0.86
Aggression by street: 0.5/2.44/1.81/0.86
Totall aggression factor: 0.86 as stated above but 2.07 if preflop play is not included

anyway here it comes,
won amount, basic stats:

detailed stats part 1:

detailed stats part 2:

positional statistics:

and for the graph-o-files:

statistics for different types of hands:
i win big with AA and also, KK and QQ, JJ is a looser(variance?), tt is a winner.
99-66 loose
55-22 win

perfect rundowns samplesize is too small but cinlduing onegappers big and middle straighthands are winners.
small straight hands are loosers.
and double-pair-hands are winners which is expected.

also i loose with 2 pair and 3 of a kind is the weakest winning hand for me.

is that normal? i guess its expected and i guess theres a reason for it.
becuase if i do get it in with twopair for example ona KQ4 flop it is usually a split, i am behind 444 or flipping against a big draw.
however normally when i do stick it in with 2pair i have something more like an openender or a flushdraw so the hands where i ahve topair on the flop and get it in, if i win its usually because i improved and the hand will go down as a fullhouse/flush/straight and when i loose iits because i didnt improve and it counts as twopair so the twopairs never really get credit for being ahead.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: 9K hands of PLO100, analyze me please!

cant edit anymore for some reason:
Stats are:
23/8.5/0.86
Aggression by street: 0.5/2.44/1.81/1.63
Totall aggression factor: 0.86 as stated above but 2.07 if preflop play is not included
Old 11-23-2007, 04:27 PM

hmm just glancing at your stats they are kinda similar to your standard low limit TAG. the only stats that stick out for me are:

W$SD - 59.94%. This is obscenely high and suggests you have ran very well compared to your WTS% of 25.97% which seems about average. i lost $400 odd today (plo100) and my W$SD was something like 33% as i just couldnt hit a hand. i think most players consider W$SD to be optimal at 45-50%

Att to Steal Blinds - 18.47%. seems a little low to me (mine is 31%). i have started another thread about this and whether you are raising to steal or to sweeten the pot playing in position, your main goal imo is to win the hand without having to use your cards. of course im more than happy to win by flopping a monster but this isnt going to happen frequently

Continuation bet - 18.40%. Again this seems low compared to mine (37%). You are basically only betting when you hit the board in a meaningful way and as you play with the same people more they are going to start exploiting this
Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm just glancing at your stats they are kinda similar to your standard low limit TAG. the only stats that stick out for me are:

W$SD - 59.94%. This is obscenely high and suggests you have ran very well compared to your WTS% of 25.97% which seems about average. i lost $400 odd today (plo100) and my W$SD was something like 33% as i just couldnt hit a hand. i think most players consider W$SD to be optimal at 45-50%

Att to Steal Blinds - 18.47%. seems a little low to me (mine is 31%). i have started another thread about this and whether you are raising to steal or to sweeten the pot playing in position, your main goal imo is to win the hand without having to use your cards. of course im more than happy to win by flopping a monster but this isnt going to happen frequently

Continuation bet - 18.40%. Again this seems low compared to mine (37%). You are basically only betting when you hit the board in a meaningful way and as you play with the same people more they are going to start exploiting this

[/ QUOTE ]

The only stat that is different in my stats is the W$@SD, mine is just under 46%. Everything else is almost identical my BB/100 is slightly lower than yours now, but even when I was running over 15BB/100 (first 15K hands) my W$@SD was under 50%.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:30 PM

what stats are identicall our and mine or yours and elrazors?
Old 11-23-2007, 06:35 PM

Yours and mine, although I should add my vpip is in the high 30's, but I raise only as much as you PF, so my PFAF is lower than yours. Aside from that and the W$@SD our stats are so similar it's ridiculous.

Would love to see PokerEV graphs of this sample.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:40 PM

at first glance those stats are tight as a nun's portal of joy. experiment with playing looser - you will learn to play more marginal situations.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:19 PM

from ipoker i have for PLO100:
samplesize: 1429 hands
won amount: 466.11$
winrate: 16.31PTBB/100hands

stats: 25/11/1.05
AGF preflop not included 2.06
AGGfcator by street: 0.65/2.59/1.42/2.17

att steal blinds: 19,29
fold blinds to steal sb/bb: 84/74

winning in both and sb.

bet flop: 25%
Old 11-25-2007, 04:31 AM

any more opinions?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
at first glance those stats are tight as a nun's portal of joy.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny because it's true.