Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-22-2007, 04:39 AM

Default Big Buyin European Tourneys???...online!

Hey guys,

It seems that both Americans and Canadians are dominating the online rankings. However i was just wondering if there are any $100k gtd tourneys available to Europeans (time wise). The main one that springs to mind is the Sunday warm up however the Sunday mill runs until 5am+ (if you make it that far). Also the regular big buy ins start around 3am for us...on stars anyway! I dont have the roll at the moment to play these tourneys but if i do manage to sat in i often have to make it in late for work the next day if i make it deep.

Any ideas?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Big Buyin European Tourneys???...online!

Eh...satting into 100k+ events with a $80 bankroll, playing once a week? Yeah, that sounds like a good plan...
Old 11-22-2007, 05:20 AM

??? Yeah, ive sat in $100k events a few times in the past, however want to start playing again so starting with a $80 roll. ???
Old 11-22-2007, 05:21 AM

Had a bigger roll before but cashed it as explained. So could afford the sats. Just looking for a list of current big tourneys to enter when i get my roll up abit.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:25 AM

1. Move to America
2. Win Sunday Million every sunday
3. TP/MM
4. ???
Old 11-22-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
??? Yeah, ive sat in $100k events a few times in the past, however want to start playing again so starting with a $80 roll. ???

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're even remotely serious about building a roll, satting into huge events with $200+ buy-ins with a $80 roll must be the stupidest plan ever. Try SNGs instead, then move over to 4/180s once you have like $200.

I'm also pretty sure you'd be dead money in the big events, even with fields as weak as they are.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:36 AM

Lol. i think your misunderstanding me. I wanted to know for reference. I'm not going to sat into the events with an $80 roll. However will when i build it up. Ive played many of these events back in the day and cashed plenty of times. Never FT'd though. Fair enough if you think i'm dead money. Look out for FezioJnr, when you see him on stars believe i'm dead money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol. i think your misunderstanding me. I wanted to know for reference. I'm not going to sat into the events with an $80 roll. However will when i build it up. Ive played many of these events back in the day and cashed plenty of times. Never FT'd though. Fair enough if you think i'm dead money. Look out for FezioJnr, when you see him on stars believe i'm dead money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, the 'dead money' comment was simply because I believed you hadn't played too much, in which case you have to be a poker whiz not to be -EV in huge events.

For future reference, you can find 100k+ events on Euro-friendly times (i.e. 3 PM - 8 PM GMT) on Sundays on Mansion (specific to Mansion, even though they're part of OnGame), OnGame, Party, B2B, iPoker, Prima and Boss. Check out bonuswhores (google it) for an overview of skins connected to the networks I mentioned.

FWIW, if you want to practice good BR management, you should probably not try to sat into $200 events until your BR is at least $5k, and then only occasionally.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, the 'dead money' comment was simply because I believed you hadn't played too much, in which case you have to be a poker whiz not to be -EV in huge events.

For future reference, you can find 100k+ events on Euro-friendly times (i.e. 3 PM - 8 PM GMT) on Sundays on Mansion (specific to Mansion, even though they're part of OnGame), OnGame, Party, B2B, iPoker, Prima and Boss. Check out bonuswhores (google it) for an overview of skins connected to the networks I mentioned.

FWIW, if you want to practice good BR management, you should probably not try to sat into $200 events until your BR is at least $5k, and then only occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa thanks man. Ok cool, i appreciate the advise. It's gona be hard starting at the bottom again as i use to have a fairly ok bankroll for my age at the time however as mentioned i needed the money for a car etc. Anyway that aside i appreciate the advise. I think i'll use stars to "hopefully" build me roll and then branch out to other sites. I'm currently not in the position to have multiple accounts and i feel stars has the greatest volume of low stake tourneys for when i do play. Thanks again for that, i'll save this post and refer to it in the near future.

Cheers
Old 11-22-2007, 06:30 AM

The $50k guaranteed Daily Fifty Grand runs on PokerStars every day at 15:00 ET, it has $5.50 satellites as well as a freeroll sat.