Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alabama lol. Seriously, our defense is sooooooooooooooo terrible. I'd like to personally thank whoever calls plays for Ole Miss for abandoning the run for the majority of the 4th quarter. Benjarvus was eating us up and you stopped giving him the rock, tyvm. They got a TD from a third and goal @ the 17 YL on our best defensive player. Can we hurry up and get Saban's recruits plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to thank the refs for that awful overturn on replay to end the game.

not ? if the Wr went out, clearly he did but
Wr was forced out or not its debatable (I'd go with not)
Wr didn't touch the ball first or did its debatable (I'd go with not)

also not sure illegal touching is reviewable
also the refs purposely delayed spotting the ball in order to allow Bama to call TO

with both of these details being debatable the refs somehow found "conclusive" evidence to overtunrn the call on the field, sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

So youre a rebel or a Bama hater? I thought the last play was rather straight forward. The receiver clearly goes out of bounds, comes back in, and makes the catch. Theyre never gonna rule that he was forced out on a late game play like that unless its super blatant, which it was not IMO. Now did he touch it first, I was wondering about this during the review myself. The refs said no, but Ill probably try and see if its up on youtube tomorrow.

Is illegal touching reviewable? Idk but Id bet it is because it was an early game and Ive seen the highlights and havent heard a single thing about this. The refs delayed the spot? L O L sir, breakout tin foil hat plz.

I dont really understand your gripe. The receiver very clearly steps out (undeniable) and comes back in and makes the catch. Sitting in my chair, I was pretty confident it would come back after seeing the replay. When a guy goes out and comes back in and catches the pass isnt it usually called back?

Im biased obviously and Bama played terribly, but the last play was legit IMO. Ask someone else, not sure many people on theis site watched it though.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 LSU
2 Kentucky
3 Florida
4 S Carolina
5 Auburn
6 Tennessee
7 Georgia
8 Bama
9 Miss St
10 Arkansas
11 Vandy
12 Ole Miss

[/ QUOTE ]

Only change Id make is Ark>MSU IMO.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alabama lol. Seriously, our defense is sooooooooooooooo terrible. I'd like to personally thank whoever calls plays for Ole Miss for abandoning the run for the majority of the 4th quarter. Benjarvus was eating us up and you stopped giving him the rock, tyvm. They got a TD from a third and goal @ the 17 YL on our best defensive player. Can we hurry up and get Saban's recruits plz?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to thank the refs for that awful overturn on replay to end the game.

not ? if the Wr went out, clearly he did but
Wr was forced out or not its debatable (I'd go with not)
Wr didn't touch the ball first or did its debatable (I'd go with not)

also not sure illegal touching is reviewable
also the refs purposely delayed spotting the ball in order to allow Bama to call TO

with both of these details being debatable the refs somehow found "conclusive" evidence to overtunrn the call on the field, sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

So youre a rebel or a Bama hater? I thought the last play was rather straight forward. The receiver clearly goes out of bounds, comes back in, and makes the catch. Theyre never gonna rule that he was forced out on a late game play like that unless its super blatant, which it was not IMO. Now did he touch it first, I was wondering about this during the review myself. The refs said no, but Ill probably try and see if its up on youtube tomorrow.

Is illegal touching reviewable? Idk but Id bet it is because it was an early game and Ive seen the highlights and havent heard a single thing about this. The refs delayed the spot? L O L sir, breakout tin foil hat plz.

I dont really understand your gripe. The receiver very clearly steps out (undeniable) and comes back in and makes the catch. Sitting in my chair, I was pretty confident it would come back after seeing the replay. When a guy goes out and comes back in and catches the pass isnt it usually called back?

Im biased obviously and Bama played terribly, but the last play was legit IMO. Ask someone else, not sure many people on theis site watched it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

and I very clearly said that the WR went out of bounds, that isn't debatable

what is debatable is if he was forced which I would say he probably wan't but it is debatable

what is debatable is if he was the first to touch the ball, which on replays looks like he was not

The Bama DB touches it first and the OM WR strips it from him on the way down. Anyway it is defintely debatable

The point is in either of these instances the evidence is nowhere near clear enough to overturn the ruling on the field which was a completed catch

The national media will say nothing becuase they don't care it is an Ole Miss team with a losing record losing to an unranked Alabama
Why should they bother

Also I realize it is nitpicking but after that play the refs immediately spotted the ball and stood over the ball not allowing another play to be run for several seconds (the clock stopped) giving Saban time to run down field and call TO so the play could be reviewed

In the first half Bama fumbled but the next play was not delayed in nearly the same manner so Alabama got another play off
Old 10-14-2007, 10:31 AM

The Arkansas longtime state motto remains unchanged: Thank God for Mississippi.

'Houston we have a problem'

lol

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Arkansas longtime state motto remains unchanged: Thank God for Mississippi.

'Houston we have a problem'

lol

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arkansas will lose to at least one of the Mississippi schools.

Probably MSU, because the two strenghts Arkansas is supposed to have ST and running game are two of the biggest weaknesses for Ole Miss.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:22 PM

state of mississippi's top player for the 2009 class chris garrett commits to miss. state... huge pickup for croom, i'd like to see him do well in starkville and he finally got a big time qb
Old 10-14-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
state of mississippi's top player for the 2009 class chris garrett commits to miss. state... huge pickup for croom, i'd like to see him do well in starkville and he finally got a big time qb

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Tupelo and have seen this kid, he is a legit SEC QB prospect, and undoubtably the best QB prospect Croom has got to commit. Mississippi's top player for the 2009 class is a huge stretch though. He isn't even the best 2009 prospect on his high school team, Chad Bumpus is. Also Garrett's destination has never really been in doubt, his family are huge MSU fans. He does look like an SEC level QB though.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 LSU
2 Kentucky
3 Florida
4 S Carolina
5 Auburn
6 Tennessee
7 Georgia
8 Bama
9 Miss St
10 Arkansas
11 Vandy
12 Ole Miss

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Austiger, not even I can put UK above USC at this point! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I rank them 1. LSU, 2. USC, 3A. Kentucky, 3B. Florida (pending this week's outcome)

Then I would flip UGA and Arkansas and there's my list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM

It's funny...Kentucky may have a better chance at an at-large BCS bid if they don't win the East...this is not a conundrum I imagined facing in my lifetime.

Guess I'd rather just win the East and let things work themselves out - the BCS is dumb anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think Florida will beat UK but I think UK will win their remaining games to be 10-2, 6-2. UGA blows [censored] and we have UT at home on Senior Day.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the kind words, bills. Good luck this week, I think it's going to be a nail biter. I'd like UK but UF is extremely good after a bye week.