Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 PM

Default 25 NL - Am I being way too nitty here

Villain is 13/4/2 over 75 hands. Never seen him get out of line.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $28.05
Hero (BB): $46.85
UTG: $51.85
CO: $5.75
BTN: $19.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.90</font>, 4 folds

Pot Size: $7.40 ($0.15 Rake)
Old 09-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: 25 NL - Am I being way too nitty here

I'm not too worried about Button, but SB is saying he has a 6. No reason to think his 6 is better, given that he just completed the SB, though. On the other hand, if your kicker is better it might not play by the river, whereas if his kicker is better it probably will. IMO folding is a close call but reasonable here. Heads up I'd usually be felting this.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 PM

I would have bet the flop vs this many villains. As played, I think I would prefer a raise then calling and calling again on the turn. Make it $14 or so here.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:18 PM

You beat 65 64 63 67 68 69... I'd honestly cold call trying to make it look like im a donkey flush chaser and re-evaluate on the turn. No one in their right mind is going to fire huge again in this spot vs a cold call on the turn.

On the other hand I hate getting a lot of money in on a unraised pot so I can't blame your fold with no money invested.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:31 PM

We are even money (51:49 dog) against a range that includes another 6 (62o+, 62s+) if we add in a horribly played QQ we drop down to 53:47 dog.

Given that SB can be bluffing here, playing his flush draw aggressively, or overplaying a Q I don't know how much I like a fold here. I think that given that we have position, I call here and re-evaluate the turn.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 PM

Man, this hand is gonna' friggin' haunt me tonight. I am not sure if I like a flat call here. I am thinking we want to call because we are in a WA/WB situation here - is this the right place to apply WA/WB? Do we have a good reason to raise here?

I think that by raising we fold out any Flush Draws, Q's, and weak 6's too much to make it a good move. Does this make sense or am I giving this Villain too much credit?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 PM

In reality we can't put SB on a comfortable range until we see what he does on the turn. Unless he is retarded and bets a Q/flush draw on a paired board like that vs 5 people in an unraised pot I dunno.

Jim says hes never seen villain get out of line in 75 hands so for sure he has a 6 here. Only question is do we call to narrow his range or do we raise and hope for the best?

I guess the question at this point is do we want this hand to get all in?
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are even money (51:49 dog) against a range that includes another 6 (62o+, 62s+) if we add in a horribly played QQ we drop down to 53:47 dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think all of these 6's are equally likely given preflop. A6 is most likely, and I'd add K6, 76, 65 as other (somewhat less likely) parts of his range. Plus some suited one- or two-gappers, maybe Q6s. Upshot: I think you're a somewhat worse dog than you are against a (62o+, 62s+) range.

The problem I see with "call and reevaluate" is that SB could continue pushing with a worse 6 on the turn. Ditto for a flush draw (I don't think a Q is so likely). IMO, it's commit on the flop or fold.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:42 PM

Bet the flop

As played, fold or raise - calling here would be very bad imo. Given it's the SB if he has a 6 i think it's unlikely his kicker has you beat given that he completed preflop and so I'd raise and call a shove here. But, folding isn't terrible given the little money invested.

Edit: To clarify I think if SB has a 6 it is usually connectors, and you beat the rest of his range. If he has the 6 with higher kicker, oh well.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:38 AM

Very good point in regards to his range. I have no clue why I figured all 6's would play as he was in the SB, this was obviously an oversight on my part. Given the range that we are looking at, we are not a tremendous dog beyond what I had stated (we are behind A6, K6, and Q6s, but ahead of 76 and 65). Our equity is even greater if we throw in gapped, suited connectors.

So if we think that SB will bet with a worse 6 on the turn, why would we not want this? What I meant by re-evaluate is see what Villain does on the turn. What I would evaluate on the turn is his action once the turn card falls - if he bets I am calling/shoving. If he checks then I am making a bet for value.

The problem I see with shoving the flop is that we fold out a lot of hands we are beating (Q's, flushes, and some weak 6's) and not hands that are beating us (A6, K6, Full House).