Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: Start which 2 RBs?
Alexander @ Den 7 50.00%
Taylor @ Chi 0 0%
Dunn @ Wash 0 0%
J. Lewis @ Cinci 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007, 04:57 AM

Default Re: game gets busted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I FEEL HOW WEAK AND FRUITLESS MUST BE ANY WORDS OF MINE WHICH SHOULD ATTEMPT TO BEGUILE YOU FROM THE GRIEF OF A LOSS SO OVERWHELMING. I PRAY THAT OUR HEAVENLY FATHER MAY ASSUAGE THE ANGUISH OF YOUR BEREAVEMENT, AND LEAVE YOU ONLY THE CHERISED MEMORY OF THE HANDS LOVED AND LOST, AND THE SOLEMN PRIDE THAT MUST BE YOURS TO HAVE LAID SO COSTLY A SACRIFICE UPON THE ALTAR OF FREEDOM. ALLOW MY CAPSLOCK KEY TO EXPRESS BUT A FRACTION OF MY CONDOLENCES.

Happy Holidays,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the last part of this quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, didn't feel like opening the post to qoute the ubb code and it just doesn't have the same effect without the holiday cheer.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do the police really have nothing better to do with their time?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, besides catching me speeding every other week
Old 11-30-2007, 05:28 AM

Caveat, this is not to be construed as legal advice and I am not licensed in Colorado. You may want to see about getting an attorney as this charge likely could go away if you have a clean record.
It appears that unless you are a professional, the charge would be a class one petty offense

18-10-103. Gambling - professional gambling - offenses.
Statute text

(1) A person who engages in gambling commits a class 1 petty offense.

(2) A person who engages in professional gambling commits a class 1 misdemeanor. If he is a repeating gambling offender, it is a class 5 felony.

A petty offense is subject to the following punishment
18-1.3-503. Petty offenses classified - penalties.
Statute text

(1) A violation of a statute of this state is a "petty offense" if specifically classified as a class 1 or class 2 petty offense. The penalty for commission of a class 1 petty offense, upon conviction, is a fine of not more than five hundred dollars, or imprisonment for not more than six months other than in state correctional facilities, or both. The penalty for commission of a class 2 petty offense is a fine specified in the section defining the offense. The penalty assessment procedure of section 16-2-201, C.R.S., is available for the payment of fines in class 2 petty offense cases.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but did you flush the toilet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your style

jeez op, you should have held somebody hostage that way the petty fine would be the least of your worries.

Also, you didnt sock the 2k?
Old 11-30-2007, 06:21 AM

Wow you are a [censored] idiot not to hide the money if the cops were coming and you were given a warning. What did you think they were going to do with your money? That would have been the first thing I did followed by high tail it out of there so I didn't have to pay the ticket...albeit it would have been hard if there was swat like you said. I doubt they were really swat though. Everybody always says that but there's a difference between a swat team and your average police.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Caveat, this is not to be construed as legal advice and I am not licensed in Colorado. You may want to see about getting an attorney as this charge likely could go away if you have a clean record.
It appears that unless you are a professional, the charge would be a class one petty offense

18-10-103. Gambling - professional gambling - offenses.
Statute text

(1) A person who engages in gambling commits a class 1 petty offense.

(2) A person who engages in professional gambling commits a class 1 misdemeanor. If he is a repeating gambling offender, it is a class 5 felony.

A petty offense is subject to the following punishment
18-1.3-503. Petty offenses classified - penalties.
Statute text

(1) A violation of a statute of this state is a "petty offense" if specifically classified as a class 1 or class 2 petty offense. The penalty for commission of a class 1 petty offense, upon conviction, is a fine of not more than five hundred dollars, or imprisonment for not more than six months other than in state correctional facilities, or both. The penalty for commission of a class 2 petty offense is a fine specified in the section defining the offense. The penalty assessment procedure of section 16-2-201, C.R.S., is available for the payment of fines in class 2 petty offense cases.

[/ QUOTE ]omg america is a well and truly bananas country.playing cards a felony... help!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you are a [censored] idiot not to hide the money if the cops were coming and you were given a warning. What did you think they were going to do with your money? That would have been the first thing I did followed by high tail it out of there so I didn't have to pay the ticket...albeit it would have been hard if there was swat like you said. I doubt they were really swat though. Everybody always says that but there's a difference between a swat team and your average police.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know i even thought about it. My mind was just kind of racing and then they started busting down the door. What the hell does it mean proffesional gmabling? I already got my ticket for court and it says petty offense 1. They cant change that now can they?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:26 PM

whos the pianist girl popeye?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:29 PM

Regina Spektor

[ QUOTE ]
(8) "Professional gambling" means:
(a) Aiding or inducing another to engage in gambling, with the intent to derive a profit therefrom; or
(b) Participating in gambling and having, other than by virtue of skill or luck, a lesser chance of losing or a greater chance of winning than one or more of the other participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do i need to worry about this? Ive already been ticketed for a petty offense 1. My schools legal services are bull crap.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 PM

jesus chirstr

LOL TWOKAYAAMENTS