Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Straight flush mucked at 200nl Foxwoods?

If angling is condoned give pot to str8 flush else to AJ

I don't understand why Vilian would say he "had him until river"
Old 10-11-2007, 06:00 PM

I apologize on the HAD YOU comment - i see the 4 card flush now
Old 10-11-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What do I need to know about table image ? Trying to angle shoot your way into winning with the worst hand puts you in the category of douche. The added bonus of getting deeply invested with JT is just icing on the cake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bluff (that worked) is a foreign concept to you? Stop trying to take shots at peoples' play in a B+M forum. Stick to the real topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Donkey plays need to be called out, thats how people learn. Although we don't know the precise action but it seems as if the OP made a serious mistake with his aggression level before the river. Strategy in the middle of a discussion that is not strategy is fine, but when the thread itself is about strategy then we move it to the right forum.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RESULTS of OP......

2 floor mangers decide that because the 35h which Villain held did not TOUCH the pile of mucked cards, the hand was live. Mouth muppet was reminded of the 1 player per hand rule and allowed to continue playing, Villain never said another word until Hero (myself) left the table after verbally tearing the muppet and the floor, a new [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the fairness of what happened, I think you lost sight of the big picture. You could easily have been thrown out or banned.
[ QUOTE ]

This was about a year ago, and I still fume when thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you posted this experience in this forum to get feedback and improve your game and yourself - this would be a place to start. I agreed with you that the decision was wrong. But you are only hurting yourself and your game by holding resentments like this.

It also could point to a huge leak in your game. I would guess that you go on serious tilt when things don't go your way at the table. If that is true, you might want to try working on letting things go. Take the action and let go of the result. Get your money in good and accept bad beats. Its all part of the game.

Foxwoods Floors are notorious for making bad and inconsistent decisions. And while I think they didn't interpret the players actions correctly what you have to understand is that a Floor will be very very reluctant to award a pot to a hand that was not the best hand. It is the equivalent of a judge letting a guilty guy off on a technicality. Rarely happens.

Also, it is impressive that the Floor convened to discuss this. It means that you received consideration. And that the decision was not a slam dunk.

The pot you lost was relatively small compared to a lifetime of poker pots. The lessons you could take away from it could help you win far more. And can be applied to the rest of your life as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:28 PM

Idiot gets the pot - old lady gets a kick in the throat.

Jeff
Old 10-11-2007, 06:31 PM

I would yell at the floor and the talking guy too

I guess that I should always flip over my hand on the river before I call so that people can tell me whether I should call or not...
Old 10-11-2007, 07:05 PM

Foxwoods heads up pot. I bet, person turns his cards up and throws them into the muck. The dealer asks him - do you fold? The dealer said he asked because his cards were face up.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 PM

TT,

In the heat of the moment, I would be mad about the guy getting the pot too, but I would quickly realize that regardless of the outside interference I shouldn't / don't want to win pots that way, and would get over the money. What I wouldn't get over is the interfering player at the table making such an obviously influential blunder of etiquette. If they didn't AT LEAST send him home for the night I would raise hell. I've never had any confrontations in a poker room but just thinking about him saying what he said and then getting a mild warning is tilting me.

The ruling / hand from the Paris room, if true, means I'll definitely never play there.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-11-2007, 08:24 PM

OP,

please don't post anymore

ever
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Foxwoods heads up pot. I bet, person turns his cards up and throws them into the muck. The dealer asks him - do you fold? The dealer said he asked because his cards were face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an okay thread, but I really want to complicate it a bit more. Take the muppet out.

Let's say the villain tables his cards, (in the exact same way that was done on the night of infamy) and says "I had you..." Hero then shows his J10, believing that his bluff has been successful. Villain now pulls his cards back and wants to call.

Villain couldn't win pot? Does the presence of a muppet change the ruling? Or rather, does the talking change our perspective of what the correct ruling is?
Closed Thread