Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: David Benyamine

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You still realize he's up like 500K on the year in online poker, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored], dude is acting like he's Matusow or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's by far the biggest winner at PLO and by far the biggest loser @ NLHE (well, noataima is close). Maybe he's been letting Farha play his account(s)?

[/ QUOTE ]

ru suggesting this b/c sammy is good at plo and bad at NLHE ( i do believe this to be true). if you are, honestly the same goes for david, mostly because its relative to hjis competition in the high stakes FT NL Games. townsend and durr own him, but i believe hes one of the best in the world when it comes to omaha
Old 03-22-2007, 05:02 AM

i have trouble believing that sammy is good at plo since whenever he comes to vegas they make the big game plo based just so sammy will play.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:22 AM

Yeah I wondered that before too. If he was so good there is no way they would make that game. But I mean he has to have money from somewhere. I really have no clue where he could get it all.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:09 AM

I've heard that Sammy is something of a fish in all non-omaha games.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After all the beatings he's taken from aba/durr/PA...a sponsorship is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still realize he's up like 500K on the year in online poker, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I know, don't take my comment out of context, I was being slightly facetious...
Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have trouble believing that sammy is good at plo since whenever he comes to vegas they make the big game plo based just so sammy will play.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does that not make sense? Sammy's probably been playing long enough to realise which games he's a fish in, so he's likely not going to gamble if they're not going to play a lot of games where he has an edge.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:38 AM

I've had 5 different a/c's on FT since Nov and nothing has ever been said. I'm a 2/4 nl grinder.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you are, honestly the same goes for david, mostly because its relative to his competition in the high stakes FT NL Games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ you that it's relative, alot of ppl look at those results and assume he is a NL fish b/c he is down a mill. He did however take the UB 25 50 game for half a mill. in a ~2 month period early last year, and had decent results in 50 100. I think it will be a matter of months before he adjusts his game and starts winning @ NL.

Also, he is up a substantial amount in both the 1K/2K horse and LO8 games, which alot of posters here seem to overlook.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you are, honestly the same goes for david, mostly because its relative to his competition in the high stakes FT NL Games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ you that it's relative, alot of ppl look at those results and assume he is a NL fish b/c he is down a mill. He did however take the UB 25 50 game for half a mill. in a ~2 month period early last year, and had decent results in 50 100. I think it will be a matter of months before he adjusts his game and starts winning @ NL.

Also, he is up a substantial amount in both the 1K/2K horse and LO8 games, which alot of posters here seem to overlook.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering...Where did you find out this information? Only information I have found has been on NLH and PLO on www.histakesdb.com. Is there another website that has the 1k/2k HORSE and O8B stats?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 AM

Barry G:
Sammy may be the most feared short-handed pot-limit Omaha player in the world. He is so good that we only play Omaha with him in mixed-games with one or two other games added. Even though his fame came from his second place finish to Moneymaker in the 2003 WSOP finale, hold’em is not his forte. His fearlessness carried him through that event.