Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 11-29-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Stick it to The Man, or, Tales of Effeduppery

[ QUOTE ]
Any stories where you stood up to authority, especially if it wound up backfiring or turned into a funny, ironic, or appalling story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall one time on the Howard Stern show, Robin read a news story about a protest in India. I don't recall what they were protesting, but one man set his house ablaze in protest.

Howard found that odd. "I'll show you! I'll burn my house down!"
Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 AM

Sounds like Watts and South Central.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:40 AM

* I'm drunk.

I read the article, and I thought to myself, if anybody could come up with more than a sentence for this, I'd be shocked.

Then, I read Blarg's post, and while I'm not sure it has anything to do with the original article, I'm now sure of one thing.

If I ever, and I mean ever, smoke weed again, I'd pay money just to hear Blarg talk. I'll reread what he said again after this post, but I don't think it had a lick to do with the original, but it was fascinating none the less. Not even fascinating as an entire post, which in a second I'll find out, but just as a word by word study. I'm not leveling, I can't wait to read it again, this time as a cohesive paragragh and just not as a screwed up run on haiku. This [censored]'s on.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Blarg
Old 11-29-2007, 02:45 AM

Alright, I read it again, and this time I made sure words turned into sentences. It was just as [censored]' brilliant as it was seperately. Sick, meglomanical, and mostly right on.

Still [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Blarg
Old 11-30-2007, 01:52 AM

Okay, I'll try my hand at ONE... Got a few but it might take a little for me to remember them. *see my location*

I worked for a Career Counseling firm. Small office, about 11 employees. I have nothing good to say about the company. They stole money from people who were desperate to find a job. Most of the clientele had been unemployed for atleast 6 months before they would come to us. Poor guys, hope the lawsuit goes their way.

Anywho, the 1st year I was there, I asked for Xmas Eve & the day after Xmas off for traveling purposes. I got no answer for about a month. Finally when I did get an answer, they told me that I could only have xmas eve off and that was that. They NEEDED someone there to cover the front & phones. WTF, HIRE A TEMP!!!!!!!

Unfortunate for me, family issues arise during the holidays and my mom is in the hospital xmas morning. I still managed drive 400 miles to be at work the next day and tell every single one of them exactly what happened the night before. FU BHA!

7 months go by of working in this hell hole and I submit my request for holiday time off EARLY! About 2 months go by and I get my answer... "you can have xmas eve off, but that's it, we need someone to greet & cover phones." Alllllrighty! That was the first day in a long time I was smiling at work. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

2 weeks before I would be leaving to go home for xmas, I submitted my 2 week notice. FIND SOMEONE TO GREET & COVER PHONES NOW YOU PRICKS!!!!

I screwed over my boss, the receptionist, & the bitchy HR person who didn't do anything but shop online (she is bffs with the CEO, she got that job because he CREATED IT FOR HER).

-The end-

Hope it wasn't too long.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 AM

I did that same thing to the Improv. They refused to give me New Years Eve off. I quit one month early. They had the audacity to ask me if I was willing to work that night! After they gave me a quarter raise. What balls.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

When I mentioned in OOT under a thread trolling for potential good topics something on the order of Work products and services I have sabotaged, El D, a clever fellow who once called me his favorite poster but whom I have since regrettably drifted apart from due to board politics, immediately posted his high level of interest in my starting that thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this post! I was like WHAT? Blarg has sabotaged his office products?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] LOL.

When I first saw your thread, Blarg, the VERY first person I thought of was Dominic. His exit from OOT was sort of classic and to this day it makes me smile. Fight the man Dom! Not that I would recommend it or anything. I have no problem with OOT.

I have my own story where I tried to stick it to the man but it makes me wince to think back on it. It's not one of those memories that I'm very proud of but hey, you push a girl's buttons so many times and she will eventually quit.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:08 AM

How about me walking out a job but still going back each week to collect salary for 3 months...

Here's a blast from yesteryear...
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post3945547

PS. The whole thread is pretty good actually.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's someone who wouldn't let The Man hold him down:

One Whom The Man Cannot Thwart or Trifle With

Imprisoned for 18 months for possession of a knife(?), this Brit shows The Man in high style that you can imprison a man's body, but not his spirit, and that a Hero's will to exercise sharp edges shall never be stopped by Tyrants.

Are there brave others amongst us who have in similar spirit dared to spit defiantly in the face of authority? I call herewith for your inspiring tales.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have given me just the right idea for a story I can submit to the short story contest.

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:49 PM

There was a Fire Chief I knew of that divorced his wife. She collected alimony, and was only able to collect a small sum until he retired, at which point she would receive a large payment. He responded by saying he would never retire.