All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you about racism in Thailand.

Thais are, in general, very nationalist also and don't have much respect for any foreigner, american, german or whatever. You are just a guest here, not more ...

I think a lot of people get fooled by the "smiling" nature of thai people, the reality is that they have their dark sides too but it can be difficult to spot them for us, westerners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Koreans.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sirrocco [censored] ROCKS! My favorite bar in Bangkok. Shhhhh, keep this place quiet!

Which pool hall is that? The old Brunswick zone on Soi nana?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the "Ball in Hand" at the original location off of soi nana. Down nana about 500 meters on the right above/behind the 7-11.

Ball in Hand 2 is near the Asok BTS. Both have great tables and are the best pool halls in Bangkok. I liked the old Brunswick, too bad it closed. (that's what I heard at least)
Old 10-01-2006, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey beats,

Nice pad. Actually looks very similar to the one I had. I paid $1k a month but it was a 2br. Same wood floors and stuff and furniture built into the walls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man, where were you staying? Chaidee mansion? I thought I recognized something in a pic I saw on your blog. Some of the furnished apts I looked at were really cool but there would be one really wack thing that ruined it! One was nice, had stainless fridge, black granite counters in kitchen, modern style and then... a big ass stained glass divider between the bedroom and living room. WTF! It looked like the Church lady's house.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:22 PM

Last I saw they were renovating brunswick. Or maybe they were making it into a hotel and ditching the tables.

I usually play at 'The Factory' between soi 3-5. Gotta love the sexy little skirts they wear in there.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:57 PM

i know someone mentioned something about dec – feb being the most bearable months, in terms of temperature. is it still hot? can you still enjoy beaches? what temps are we talking about?

is A/C pretty much everywhere you go in the major cities and islands?

during the rest of the year, does everyone just sweat?
Old 10-01-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know someone mentioned something about dec – feb being the most bearable months, in terms of temperature. is it still hot? can you still enjoy beaches? what temps are we talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty much always hot. It just gets really really hot in march-april. That coincides with the world's biggest waterfight (songkran festival) so that keeps the heat down for that week.

Today it is the rainy season and no rain today but it was probably around 88. Yesterday I golfed and it rained a bit in the morning but by afternoon it was over 90 degrees. In the hottest part of the year it is always over 90. Over 100 on some days. Yeah, you just go from A/C to A/C on those days or hangout in the pool.

A/C is pretty much everywhere in the city. On islands if you want a bungalow, you will pay more for one with A/C. Others probably have a fan, but I never stayed in the non A/C ones.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty much always hot. It just gets really really hot in march-april. That coincides with the world's biggest waterfight (songkran festival) so that keeps the heat down for that week.

Today it is the rainy season and no rain today but it was probably around 88. Yesterday I golfed and it rained a bit in the morning but by afternoon it was over 90 degrees. In the hottest part of the year it is always over 90. Over 100 on some days. Yeah, you just go from A/C to A/C on those days or hangout in the pool.

A/C is pretty much everywhere in the city. On islands if you want a bungalow, you will pay more for one with A/C. Others probably have a fan, but I never stayed in the non A/C ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the temperature during the cool seasons? comfortable at least?
Old 10-01-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS. This is one of the most convincing Katoeys I ever saw. Doing an impromptu striptease in front of the Coffee World on Sukumvit. Be careful out there boys...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, I would've hit that!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PS. This is one of the most convincing Katoeys I ever saw. Doing an impromptu striptease in front of the Coffee World on Sukumvit. Be careful out there boys...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, that would've hit you!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-01-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Closed Thread