Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-30-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Split kings line

Oh, well I want him off his hands and I'm betting 6th now that I'm showing a high straight which is a semi bluff that usually works here. Didn't think he would call 6th, because obviously he is behind here if he is flat calling against a 4 straight. I put him on two pair trying to fill his boat. Therefore I think it's right to bet here considering I may be an underdog but I'm betting here incase he doesn't have a straight beat and misses his draw. He is more than likely folding 7th in which I would have bet again if he didn't bet.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:18 PM

The fact that he calls 6th against your board and then bets 7th makes me think you're beat. Like most of these situations, I'd probably call, but while I was calling I'd probably sigh and say, well, what the hell, it's only one bet.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, well I want him off his hands and I'm betting 6th now that I'm showing a high straight which is a semi bluff that usually works here. Didn't think he would call 6th, because obviously he is behind here if he is flat calling against a 4 straight. I put him on two pair trying to fill his boat. Therefore I think it's right to bet here considering I may be an underdog but I'm betting here incase he doesn't have a straight beat and misses his draw. He is more than likely folding 7th in which I would have bet again if he didn't bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put him on two pair then you should check 6th as I would imagine your fold equity is fairly low and you are a dog to win.

I have never played this low, but in my experience at a 1/2 game you are pretty much never getting two pair to fold with a bet 6th bet 7th line.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he calls 6th against your board and then bets 7th makes me think you're beat. Like most of these situations, I'd probably call, but while I was calling I'd probably sigh and say, well, what the hell, it's only one bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i call too but you are most likely going to groan at one of the last 4 spades that hit.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:43 AM

I don't see anything that's really debatable.