Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Default ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

With the recent increase in Table limits at stars, as well as the availability of e-checks again for most people, it seems as if traffic is up on stars latley, and there are lots of new and old faces populating the games on stars. With this said I asked Cry Me a River if we could reopen the "Stars Regs" thread. I was told to just go ahead and make a new one. So here it is.

This is the place to discuss the current state of the games on stars and the regulars and playrs in those games. However, this is not going to turn into another "epeen" waving or hate bashing thread. There will be strict guidelines and those who do not follow them will be in trouble and ultimatly the thread will end up getting locked again.

Basically, we should be discussing things like new faces in the games, interesting situations vs other regulars, some things some other regulars do really well and really bad,
and of course interesting gossip about the games and players in them. Also, feel free to use this to out yourself and try and get specific advice from other regulars in your games regarding your play.

Keep it civil! And remember, lots of people lurk 2p2 who don't post and aren't very active, so you never know if you may offend some lurker or actually inadvertantly help them imrpvoe thier game from your posts. So watch what you say.

I forsee this thread being mostly Nl100 and below players talking, because as you continue to move up, exploiting specific regulars in your games become more and more important and I don't think people will want to be sharing that information in such a public forum.

So again please keep it civil, if you don't like the thread please just don't post in it and keep to yourself (We don't need 20 posts of people just saying why they don't like this idea like the last thread). Once again, this thread will be strictly enforced, so lets not get out of line people, and let the discussion begin.

Also, make sure to in your posts include the level of game you are discussing.

For example:

NL100 - xxxxxx is running xx/xx/x over xx, and I think they are a pretty solid player who have been running over tables latley, thoughts?

That would be a great post.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

Oh noes.

One day I will make a list of best/good/breakeven/bad 400nl regs when I get the time..

Someone else do it for me until then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Just for clarity, I would consider myself in between breakeven and good. Not a good player yet, but am getting better. There are many here I would consider the best, though.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 PM

To get the thread rolling...

NL100 - I have been tangling a lot latley w/ Pappi and Frol123 at the tables. They both seem to me fairly agressive and are playing tons of table hours. Frol has gotten out of line a few times vs me, however, I definatly have seen some very creative plays out of him that have worked out well. Pappi, I think is a very solid TAG at these games.

Furthermore, anyone notice the ammount of good games latley at NL100, seems like there have been tons of great times running at all hours of the day, whereas usually afternoons and early mornings are rougher then primetime. However, latley it seems like all hours the games have been stellar.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, anyone notice the ammount of good games latley at NL100, seems like there have been tons of great times running at all hours of the day, whereas usually afternoons and early mornings are rougher then primetime. However, latley it seems like all hours the games have been stellar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed.

Game quality seems to come and go like a sine wave. It seems like we are at a peak this week. I think the last time the games were this good was in August.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed.

Game quality seems to come and go like a sine wave. It seems like we are at a peak this week. I think the last time the games were this good was in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ last time games were this good was August. We haven't been tangling latley [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I miss seeing you at the tables we just play at totally opposite times now. With all the new faces, I miss the familar ones.

Have you played w/ any of the players I listed above? Thoughts on them?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 PM

I'll spice up this thread soon enough [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 PM

I'm hoping to see my name here, on page 35 or so, with someone saying they have like 300k hands on me and my win rate is 0.01 ptbb/100, wondering how on earth I can continue to play when I could make more at Mc Donalds.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ last time games were this good was August. We haven't been tangling latley [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I miss seeing you at the tables we just play at totally opposite times now. With all the new faces, I miss the familar ones.

Have you played w/ any of the players I listed above? Thoughts on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a mini-break from NLH and was flinging some poo.

Pappi is a monster. Fortunately I haven't run into him too much lately. Also he gives me respect because I play(ed) tight, but now that I'm opening up a bit lately we'll see if that changes.

There are a bunch of good regular players that don't look to tangle with the other good players unless the situation calls for it. They include:

bostonhitman
KarlSpakler
Nashorn

While these are some of the best players at the level, I don't really see them as a threat and don't really try to avoid them. At the same time, I'm not looking to tangle with any of them either.

Some of the players who like to "get jiggy with it" against other good players are:

WCG Rider
Mardagg

Now that this thread's going, I'll add some names for discussion as it progresses.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 PM

Has anyone noticed some serious differences in my game from when i was playing in early October to the last few weeks? I think i might have messed up my game or something and im playing poorly now.

What do you guys think about amazinmets73? I have a lot of hands with this guy and hes down like 700$ in 3k hands.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM

And I haven't seen Sandviper23 lately. Did he move up? Definitely one of the better players.