Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Default FTP rakeback

I know there is no possible way to get rakeback linked to an existing account but my brother has recently got into poker :} and was just wondering when he opens a new account dose it have to be from a fresh computer that has never had full tilt on it before for example ultimate bet told me nomatter if i close my account and then open a new one it will still be linked to pokerlistings beacuse it is linked to the system that opened the account
Old 08-24-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Re: FTP rakeback

Your brother is allowed to have an account from the same IP but he should uninstall FT Poker and delete cookies before signing up with a rakeback affiliate link/code

Also, an affiliate can tell you whether the new account is linked before he desposits.

Since you have the same IP he may be required to provide documentation verifying his identity such as sending a copy of an id

Hope that helps

RBS
Old 08-25-2007, 07:40 PM

How is the IP address connected to the FTP account? Is it the IP address you use to create the account with? Let's say you play at college and at home. Are both IP addresses connected to the account?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:24 AM

They will have both ips. When 2 different accounts log-in from the same ip most poker sites will block these players from playing at the same table to prevent collusion. It is allowed for multiple accounts to play from one ip, but it is monitored closely for this reason.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is the IP address connected to the FTP account? Is it the IP address you use to create the account with? Let's say you play at college and at home. Are both IP addresses connected to the account?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter from what IP you create the account. FTP (and most rooms, I would imagine) log your IP each and every time you log in (I don't know how long they keep the history for). This is for security purposes.

One reason though for your brother not to sign up from the same computer is to make sure that he is properly tracked to receive rakeback. Uninstalling the software and deleting cookies should suffice, but for a bit of extra 'insurance', your brother using a clean computer for the initial sign up, cannot hurt.

Just make sure to email an affiliate before signing up. This way you can get step by step instructions.

Craig
Rake Tracker
Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 PM

On a related note...

Any potential issues or violations of FTP's T&Cs with the following? (I have searched FTP's web site for info, and I have also emailed FTP and asked this directly but no enlightenment yet. I play a lot at FTP, and don't want my account or my sister's new account to be at risk of getting barred/locked.)

1) I have been playing actively on an account on FTP for over a year (no affiliate, no rakeback)

2) Tomorrow, my sister with same last name but different home mailing address (but same home state as me) opens a new account through an affiliate getting rakeback, using a clean computer (no cookies, etc.)

3) A lot (or even most) of the play under my sister's account will be at my house using my ISP and/or computer

Assuming the above doesn't violate any FTP T&C, would it still be prudent to avoid events like:
a) having my old and my sister's accounts play from the same ISP at different times on the same day
b) inter-account fund transfers

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:45 PM

The best thing to cover yourself and your sister is too not frig around with this house, that computer, your sister , your grandmother whatever... Come clean with fulltilt and you and your sister will be fine. It is no secret that Fulltilt lets two people with different email addresses and cash providers play from the same house. Have your sister email their support with the details of what is going on, have her wait for their approval email( which she should keep)
and away she goes. Be upfront and you should have no problems.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:42 AM

My wife and I both have accounts at FT. As far as they know we could be brother sister with the same last name. They have never bothered us about it.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:03 PM

I don't really want to start a new thread since this is similar. What about if I only have a play money account with FT and wanted to get rakeback, should I worry about having two accounts even though one is play money and other isn't?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really want to start a new thread since this is similar. What about if I only have a play money account with FT and wanted to get rakeback, should I worry about having two accounts even though one is play money and other isn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have NEVER had a real money account you should be fine..Contact an affiliate of your choose and have them walk you through the proper steps..DO NOT OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT unless the affiliate instructs you to do so..DO NOTHING prior to contacting a respected affiliate..