Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 PM

Default 10NL: getting paid off

Seem to be having a real tough time getting paid off recently, or being in any big pots in general. My last 4k hands i havn't stacked anyone for 100BB+ which seems pretty crazy when i see the swongs in some people graphs.
Few hands i would like advice on.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $8.80
BTN: $12.90
Hero (SB): $10.25
BB: $11.20
UTG: $10.05
MP: $13.55

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.40</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $0.95

Flop: ($2.90) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $0.60</font>, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($4.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, MP calls $1.50

River: ($7.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, MP folds

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $19.90
MP: $2
Hero (CO): $13
BTN: $10
SB: $5.90
BB: $10.45

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.30</font>, MP calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.80) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.30</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $1.50</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Turn: ($5.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, BB folds

I am trying not to be results orientianted, but i am witnessing people stacking off with top pair bad kickers all around me and i want to tap into the donks money fountains.

Advice on hands would be nice!
Old 11-30-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: 10NL: getting paid off

Lead flop in hand #1 for about $2. You're expected to lead out after you 3bet, and that flop hits villain's range very hard. He'll call or raise you most of the time. As played, your turn bet was way too small and your river bet slightly smallish as well.

Hand 2 I probably 3bet the flop because of all the draws. Make it like $5 or something.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Hand one i just be out 1/2 pot, villains range is allllllll over that flop. hand 2 your line really looks like a fd. additionally, you need to protect your hand from a fd. so i am raising the flop to 4
Old 11-30-2007, 05:12 PM

In HU situations on such a board, it always looks fishy if the 3-bettor does not lead out on the flop imo. So just bet.

I'm referring to hand #1 obv
Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 PM

You need to play both hands faster. Lead the first hand and keep betting if he calls.

You must 3-bet the flop on the second hand with the clubs out there. Either a) villain is on a club draw and will be willing to get it in as a 2-1 underdog on the flop, or b) villain is not on a draw, but he will be a lot more willing to call a reraise or shove because he thinks you might be on a draw.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:46 PM

After 3betting PF I b3b the flop if I can. He does have something in his hand since he raised PF and then called a 3bet. By betting the flop, even if he just calls you because his hand is somewhat weak (looking at the way he bet the flop), you will be able to bet more on the turn if you take the lead and build a bigger pot on the flop. Bet something along the lines of a $1.50 on the flop and if you get called you know have a ~$6 pot to work with on the turn.

On hand two I just play my hand fast here. There was a bet and a raise. Someone might have something that will come along with you and I wouldn't want to give the SB or the BB a chance to make a flush on the tur (obv it doesn't matter in this case).
Old 11-30-2007, 05:51 PM

is it std for you guys to 3bet w AQ @ sb?
I really hate playing OOP but then again its a strong hand and ppl at nl10 limp or calls bets with weak hands.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it std for you guys to 3bet w AQ @ sb?
I really hate playing OOP but then again its a strong hand and ppl at nl10 limp or calls bets with weak hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a few ubernits against whom you should fold it, but against the majority of players a 3bet is standard.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:05 PM

I like the lead in hand 2 , well played.If he hit his flush hes saying *this idiot hit his 9 i shove*
I hate mini-raises but on the flop of hand 1 its almost sexy.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:05 PM

If you are having trouble getting paid off, have a look at the hands you are not playing. I've found that if I have trouble getting paid off, I can get away with stealing a few pots, especially from late position. Get caught firing three barrels empty and watch how easily you stack your opponent with TPTK or two pair on your first hand above.

Obviously, you need to be aware of your image, but if you're perceived as a nit, rob them blind until they wise up. When they they realize you're a 'bluffer', show up with a big hand (and don't be afraid to call down a little lighter than you might like) and watch them gift-wrap their stack for you.