Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Two Pair 3 way

Big station in the SB
Rock UTG (18/2/1)

Turn i guess is debatable.

Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#FF0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (8.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8.00 BB
Old 11-26-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Two Pair 3 way

Raise the flop to shut the UTG out.

Then continue betting
Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM

yar, if you're going to continue, and I think you should, raise flop.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:12 PM

If you're calling on the flop hoping to improve to 2-pair or trips, then fold the flop, since you don't have odds for that. If you're calling because you think there's a chance you're best, then raise to protect your hand and take initiative.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're calling on the flop hoping to improve to 2-pair or trips, then fold the flop, since you don't have odds for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied, yes we do. Final pot only has to be like 4.5BB.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 PM

I dont understand why you wanna raise the flop. We have medium pair with a bad kicker in a small pot. We dont have anything to protect and its a situation with reverse implied odds. You are investing 2 small bets in a 4 small bet pot, where the other players in the pot are seldom calling with worse hands.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're calling on the flop hoping to improve to 2-pair or trips, then fold the flop, since you don't have odds for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied, yes we do. Final pot only has to be like 4.5BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't think we do b/c it has to be 4.5bb without adding our own contribution to the pot. It's 4sb now so unless player behind comes along or we can get a raise in later if we improve, we're probably averaging a little less than 4bb by the end.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand why you wanna raise the flop. We have medium pair with a bad kicker in a small pot. We dont have anything to protect and its a situation with reverse implied odds. You are investing 2 small bets in a 4 small bet pot, where the other players in the pot are seldom calling with worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

you make a good point. My thinking here is that sb is a station (bad) and could be betting bottom pair, a fd or overs here. The player behind us is a rock and will fold many hands with outs against us. I do think this is a marginal spot though.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking here is that sb is a station (bad) and could be betting bottom pair, a fd or overs here. The player behind us is a rock and will fold many hands with outs against us. I do think this is a marginal spot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then let the sb bluff his worse hands instead of trying to make him fold them. If sb is a calling station why is he betting? There isnt much value in protecting a marginal medium pair with a weak kicker in such a small pot. You dont have anything to protect so there is no value in protecting the hand against utg.

EDIT: BTW NH op
Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My thinking here is that sb is a station (bad) and could be betting bottom pair, a fd or overs here. The player behind us is a rock and will fold many hands with outs against us. I do think this is a marginal spot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then let the sb bluff his worse hands instead of trying to make him fold them. If sb is a calling station why is he betting? There isnt much value in protecting a marginal medium pair with a weak kicker in such a small pot. You dont have anything to protect so there is no value in protecting the hand against utg.

EDIT: BTW NH op

[/ QUOTE ]

no way jose, i'm not calling so that utg can call and two players can draw against my pair of 5s. I have no problem with sb folding his 6 over card outs, either now or to a turn bet. Raise and fold here are close, I'm still leaning slightly toward raise, calling is way down the list right in front of restarting my computer.

If this guys stats are super passive then I can see a fold, but if he's just loose and bad he could easily be trying to pick up the pot with a random bet.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:31 PM

i call flop because utg is already gonna mess up getting 5:1, i don't love my hand enough vs. sb to invest 2, and i don't hate it enough to fold outright.