Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-25-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Party\'s high CPU usage is the fault of \"PartyBets spam-bar\": AHK fix!

I thought I had better make a new thread about this as perhaps people won't notice the posts in the other thread (see here).

It turns out that nearly all of the CPU spikes, chugs, etc, comes from the scrolling "PartyBets spam-bar" at the bottom of the lobby. We should all thank Tankjoo for noticing this!

After a bit of fiddling about I managed to find a windows message to turn it off and when it's off idle CPU usage is back to under 1%! Here is the AHK script:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>; PartyBets scrolling-spam killer
; ===============================
; Simply run this app to kill the CPU hogging PartyBets scrolling-spam bar.
; - CPU usage on my machine goes from 5%-25% spikes right down to constant 0%-1%!
; - Must be logged in for it to work (not sure why?).

SetTitleMatchMode 2

; Kill PartyBets spam window (WM_COMMAND = 0x111, ID_EXIT=2126).
PostMessage, 0x111 , 2126, 0, Internet Explorer_Server3, Poker Lobby
</pre><hr />
Basically just run the script after you have logged in and the PartyBets bar will quit (and leave a white rectangle where it was before).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: Perhaps somebody can add my code into the DeMonster AHK script?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Party\'s high CPU usage is the fault of \"PartyBets spam-bar\": AHK fix!

Wow, this is amazing. I was worried about my computer, buying more RAM, and getting ready to buy a new laptop because between running Party with Pokertracker and Spadeye, my computer would run so slowly, having some lag and freezing up at times. Thanks so much for posting the script.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Party\'s high CPU usage is the fault of \"PartyBets spam-bar\": AHK fix!

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is amazing. I was worried about my computer, buying more RAM, and getting ready to buy a new laptop because between running Party with Pokertracker and Spadeye, my computer would run so slowly, having some lag and freezing up at times. Thanks so much for posting the script.

[/ QUOTE ]
NP, but it's really Tankjoo who needs the thanks! I doubt I'd have ever noticed the link between CPU spikes and the PartyBets messages scrolling.

PS: I've also made an X-POST in the "Computer Technical Help" forum, as others may be considering getting a new PC just to try to avoid the chugs that this was causing (I was too...).
Old 11-25-2007, 06:03 AM

great!
thx juk + Tankjoo, this helps a *lot* and saves me money.
no need for upgrading my machine anymore [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 06:19 AM

Bah, I can't get the scrpit to layout on a notepad properly, never had this happen, any ideas? Also. does this apply to the News and Events scrollbar on Empire and will this get rid of that?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:20 AM

Good job!

Don't wanna make a new thread; fix for disappearing buttons after the latest update please?
Old 11-25-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah, I can't get the scrpit to layout on a notepad properly, never had this happen, any ideas? Also. does this apply to the News and Events scrollbar on Empire and will this get rid of that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Try replying to Juk's post by pressing the "quote" button, copy/paste from there.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bah, I can't get the scrpit to layout on a notepad properly, never had this happen, any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, as Herrigel said just quote my OP and then copy the text out from the quote into a ".ahk" file.

[ QUOTE ]
Also. does this apply to the News and Events scrollbar on Empire and will this get rid of that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes this same method can be used to get rid of them too, but I tested it on them and it didn't seem to make any difference at all to the CPU use. If you want to try then all you need to do is change the number I've highlighted in red for this line of code:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>PostMessage, 0x111 , 2126, 0, Internet Explorer_Server<font color="red">3</font>, Poker Lobby</pre><hr />

Try changing it to 1, 2 or 4 and you should be able to get rid of the other scrolling spam windows.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:31 AM

hi,

i had the same problem as you:

the symbol for the ahk-script doesnt appear in my taskbar,however, it is running nonethe less.i have to start partypoker,log on, and then start the ahk.script.
starting the script and then opening party doesnt work for me,but the other way round is ok.

thx yuk and hope this helps

asteroid
Old 11-25-2007, 07:43 AM

Default PartyBets spam-bar killer - version 2

[ QUOTE ]
the symbol for the ahk-script doesnt appear in my taskbar,however, it is running nonethe less.i have to start partypoker,log on, and then start the ahk.script.
starting the script and then opening party doesnt work for me,but the other way round is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, this script doesn't work like most AHK scripts: basically you just have to run it once to send a command to turn off the PartyBets bar and then you're done until the next time you run Party.

If you want to have a version that you run before starting Party then you can try this:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>; PartyBets scrolling-spam killer v2
; ==================================
; Simply run this app to kill the CPU hogging PartyBets scrolling-spam bar.
; - CPU usage on my machine goes from 5%-25% spikes right down to constant 0%-1%!
; - Must run this *BEFORE* starting Party.
; - If it fails sometimes try increasing the sleep timeout from 1000ms.

#SingleInstance force
DetectHiddenWindows On

WinWait, PartyAccount Login
WinWaitClose

; ### You might have to increase this value if it fails sometimes. ###
Sleep, 1000

; Kill PartyBets spam window (WM_COMMAND = 0x111, ID_EXIT=2126).
PostMessage, 0x111 , 2126, 0, Internet Explorer_Server3, PartyPoker.com:

WinWaitClose, Status
Reload</pre><hr />
If you find that sometimes it doesn't work then you'll need to change the line which says "Sleep, 1000" to use a larger value than 1000ms.