Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Omaha Coaches

I have just began really focusing on omaha as my main game. I am a winner at 5/10 nl and have been playing full time for about 2 years.

Is anyone here a coach, or do you know anywhere I might find one?

THanks
Old 11-23-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Omaha Coaches

Hijacking a little, can I ask why you want to make omaha your main game if you are good enough to beat 5/10 NLHE?

Do you think the fields are softer in omaha? I feel this is definitely true in the 1/2-ish area
Old 11-23-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hijacking a little, can I ask why you want to make omaha your main game if you are good enough to beat 5/10 NLHE?

Do you think the fields are softer in omaha? I feel this is definitely true in the 1/2-ish area

[/ QUOTE ]

The long term looks pretty bleak for no limit in terms of how hard the mid/high limit games will become as more and more players play for a living, the size of the fish pool decreases and people are more privvy to information to improve.

PLO at the moment is still somewhat in its online infancy (I am not suggesting it is anything like hold em was 4 years ago) but it has a number of new players taking up the game. I think this is because of the reasons I mentioned above but also the allure of the biggest games on full tilt running regularly.

There is not a lot of great information for omaha players at the moment (card runners videos as an aside) so this means that the egde between players in plo seems to be considerably bigger than in hold em.

I want to learn the game properly for the long term. I think that the potential rewards in omaha currently far outwiegh that of hold em.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:45 AM

Ill do it. I split my time 50/50 5 10nlhe 5 10 plo atm (a little 25 50). And was playing nlhe first before i made the jump playing only plo cause i was tired of nlhe. Now i think its best mixing, to not get burnt out and have good game selection. My biggest pro for you is that im beating booth plo and nlhe 5 10 and know differences and adjustments.

I can teach you what you want, but i dont know if im too pricey for you. PM for details.

Wazz and Cmyr can vouch for me.