Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 06-01-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Party crashing - HELP! I\'m about to go postal!!!

What OS, what GFX card's are you running?

Have you tried bypassing the programs that startup automatically? (hold down shift when the windows screen pops up during boot)

Have you tried playing without firewall/anti-virus protection?

What about the remote desktop software you are using logmein.exe?

You could also try a fresh install of XP, just install the minimum to a new folder leaving your current install untouched.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:42 AM

I don't know if that helps...
I had a similar problem a while ago when Party froze randomly. The problem seemed to be that too many tables were displayed in the lobby (like in your picture from the first post, you have "No-limit Holdem" selected, which are probably several hundred tables), and Party crashed while trying to display them.
My solution was to mark the limits I play as Favorite (by right-clicking them), and only display these limits using the "My favorites" tab at the bottom of the lobby. So there are far fewer tables the lobby has to display.
I don't know if that's your problem because my Party client has been working normally again for some time now. But it may be worth trying.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM

1. Your taskmanager shows 50% Cpu usage for "dumprep.exe": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899870/EN-US/
2. try to deactivate second core in your bios
3. increase max. half open connections: cant post a link, so just google it

good luck
Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Not that this is gonna help much, but for your sanity I am having the exact same problems. Interestingly I am a running Dell 1900x1200 dual core laptop, and party did work fine on my sister's older laptop.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that this is gonna help much, but for your sanity I am having the exact same problems. Interestingly I am a running Dell 1900x1200 dual core laptop, and party did work fine on my sister's older laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huzzah! Alright, at least i know i'm not batsh*t crazy. This is a step in the right direction. Might the dual-core thing be part of the problem here? I don't know why/how it would be -- but just to be on the safe side, a few weeks ago, i set the Party .exe file to only run on ONE of the processors, but it didn't help at all. same crashes.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slim, I def don't have the problem you describe where i can't connect to ANY other internet page when this happens...everything on my computer including internet access works just fine even when party is crashing/not responding. ***I should stress that: not only does it merely say "connection lost" when this happens, but the Party client actually stops responding / freezes completely.

I know the bug you're talking about when u say you see chips in front of the winner while the next hand is being dealt, but that's just a bug i think, and unrelated to the problem I'm describing...when the problem happens, as i wrote, the entire client freezes -- in fact, that's always the first sign that the program is crashing: it either gives me the internet delay countdown, or just freezes altogether, so no more hands are dealt (at least that i can see).

<font color="red">I'll say it again -- what i find most surprising about this whole thing is that I can't find anyone who is reporting having the same problem -- but it CAN'T be localized to just my computer because I get the EXACT same headache on both my desktop (at home) and my laptop (when i'm traveling), and with just as much frequency on each. How is it possible that i could experience exactly the same problem on two different computers, but no one else is reporting the same!!? The only similarity I can think of between the two is that they're both relatively new Dells, and i think i got close to the same processor on both: a dual-core AMD 3800. I guess the same programs are installed on both, but they were ALSO installed on an old computer where i didn't get this problem.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Teddy,

I understood you the first time [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I know that your other websites work fine and mine don't. But what I was trying to say is that even though my other websites don't work, it is possible that we still have a problem that is originating from the same source (Party bug). I would bet anything that just bc my other websites don't work, it doesn't mean that there is a bad internet connection from my end with my ISP (Rogers), it may just mean that the Party bug triggered a connection problem which IN MY CASE kills the other websites but not in your case. Or it could be bc I always play wirelessly and you don't(?) or it could be that I have only single core and you have dual and so can somehow still get a connection.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 PM

I did try disabling my dual core in Bios and reinstalling party. On my first open I managed to open 12 tables with SafeMine no problem. I was all excited, closed party, and tried again, but the ran into the exact same crashing after a couple tables. So still stuck.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:24 PM

And one more weird thing, have you tried running Empire? I installed it just to test out and it works completely fine, no problems at all. I don't get how one skin can be fine while the other is constantly crashing.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Teddy, I'm having a similar problem. Mostly it occurs when I try to open up a table on party. The whole app will lock up and maybe 5 minutes later it comes back and works. Then I try to open another table, lock up again. Very frustrating.

I've got a Dell XPS M1710 laptop, 2.33ghz Intel Centrino Duo, 2 gb ram. Running w/ pokertracker, pokerace, some instant messengers, and thats it.

On my desktop computer, it's a 3 year old Dell regular old pentium 4, 1 gb ram, and works fine.

This is very frustrating [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2007, 07:19 PM

Teddy, this is odd because I haven't had this problem. I also have a dual core with 2 gig ram. I don't defrag and compact my databases often but seems to be running pretty smooth and rarely lags.

That's why I was a little surprised when a friend of mine had the same problem with crashing. He's running vista and has set up the exe as administrator. I think he sorted out some of the problems, he talked about it on this post Here