Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Why my 12 months in Iraq were NOT wasted.

Most of the info I knew. And it's great. Glad to hear we are restoring what we destroyed.

Now, when will the citizens of Baghdad have electricity more than....what is it....2 hrs a week? Compared to 24/7 prior to the fireworks brought to them courtesy of the Good Ol' U.S. of A.?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:57 PM

govman, you guys in the military have done a great job, admirably really. My brother was over there for a year as well. I don't consider his year there a waste.

I do consider the war a waste though, and I consider the lives lost over there a waste in the sense that they, and you, should have never been there in the first place.

Secondly, look at all those shiney new weapons we have sold them. Look at all those new buildings and roads that were built. Look a little deeper at what has been done over there, and why. There is a select group of Americans who have gotten incredibly rich from this war, and this group got rich by spilling your comrades blood. Blood they don't give a [censored] about.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 PM

so... my point is that the population of iraq is 27,499,638 people, the population of the united states is 301,139,947 people. Now say for argument sake that china came over and invade the USA because they thought that George W. Bush was threatening world peace so they come over and invade (basically were doing this to replicate the same situation in the united states) so with the low estimate of 70,000 direct civilian deaths from the iraq war, thats 1 in ever 392 people died directly from the war. So lets pretend that 1 in 392 people died in the USA, thats 765,306 people who are direct casualties of the war. Then was have the stat that 1.8 million Iraq's have be displaces to other countries so thats 1 in every 15 people fled the country. In America that would mean that 20 million people would flee to Canada or Mexico.
So obv. this wouldn't happen but if it were how could you possibly think that killing 750 000 people in your own country, and having 20 million of them so scared that they had to flee out of fear for their lives. How can that be justified by saying that you've made some school for them and got them radio stations. just saying
Old 08-28-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so... my point is that the population of iraq is 27,499,638 people, the population of the united states is 301,139,947 people. Now say for argument sake that china came over and invade the USA because they thought that George W. Bush was threatening world peace so they come over and invade (basically were doing this to replicate the same situation in the united states) so with the low estimate of 70,000 direct civilian deaths from the iraq war, thats 1 in ever 392 people died directly from the war. So lets pretend that 1 in 392 people died in the USA, thats 765,306 people who are direct casualties of the war. Then was have the stat that 1.8 million Iraq's have be displaces to other countries so thats 1 in every 15 people fled the country. In America that would mean that 20 million people would flee to Canada or Mexico.
So obv. this wouldn't happen but if it were how could you possibly think that killing 750 000 people in your own country, and having 20 million of them so scared that they had to flee out of fear for their lives. How can that be justified by saying that you've made some school for them and got them radio stations. just saying

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done!!

NOTE: I am proud of every single uniform soldier (who follows the UCMJ) stationed in Iraq and anywhere else in the world.

When they enlist, they take an oath to follow the orders of the President of the United States of America without question.

If they were allowed to pick and chose what war they participated in............well........

In another response I referred to the "fireworks compliment of the USA." I wasn't putting the blame on the military, I was putting the blame on those who gave the order.

I am proud of how our military executed their orders with as much precision as could possibly be expected.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
govman, you guys in the military have done a great job, admirably really. My brother was over there for a year as well. I don't consider his year there a waste.

I do consider the war a waste though, and I consider the lives lost over there a waste in the sense that they, and you, should have never been there in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to have it both ways?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:18 PM

what were those figures before we decided to crash the party?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done!!

NOTE: I am proud of every single uniform soldier (who follows the UCMJ) stationed in Iraq and anywhere else in the world.

When they enlist, they take an oath to follow the orders of the President of the United States of America without question.

If they were allowed to pick and chose what war they participated in............well........

In another response I referred to the "fireworks compliment of the USA." I wasn't putting the blame on the military, I was putting the blame on those who gave the order.

I am proud of how our military executed their orders with as much precision as could possibly be expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is following the order of "go over to that country on the other side of the world and kill them until their defenses have given up and then supress the resistence of the people who still don't want you there", a noble thing?

How is following orders from someone for money no matter what the order is a noble thing?

Are you also proud of those guys who slaughtered an entire family and raped their daughter while doing it, and shot her in the head after?
Old 08-28-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is following the order of "go over to that country on the other side of the world and kill them until their defenses have given up and then supress the resistence of the people who still don't want you there", a noble thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was noble. What I was saying is that if our military choses what orders of the commander in chief they are going to follow, then we might as well not have a military.

You must remember: U.S. citizens voted Bush into office AND THEN REELECTED the idiot.

You cannot fault the military, who took an oath to follow the orders of the commander in chief, who is elected by the citizens of the U.S.A.

I believe the problem lies in the fact that the majority of U.S. citizens are either easily fooled, card carrying republicans, or the election was fixed.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you also proud of those guys who slaughtered an entire family and raped their daughter while doing it, and shot her in the head after?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said those members who followed the UCMJ.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say it was noble. What I was saying is that if our military choses what orders of the commander in chief they are going to follow, then we might as well not have a military.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really follow this logic. If I'm allowed to quit when my employer directs me to do something I don't like, does that mean we might as well not have companies? And when I say "don't like", I mean something that's not worth the compensation they're giving me.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to have it both ways?

[/ QUOTE ]I suppose you could say their service has been wasted.