Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 06:49 PM

Default TPGK lost on turn

the table used to be 6-handed but a few ppl left, we have played 3 handed for ~10 minutes. Villain and I have tangled some preflop but not really any crazy showdowns.

i could obv have reraised preflop but this time I chose not to. the flop is good for me and I c/r here with a wide range. i expect him to call me here reasonably light and 3bet me with AK, AA.

now the turn is a really sucky card, if he called w/ an eight i am toast and QQ-99 is more likely to fold here. it seems like most hands that I beat will fold if I bet here. so what is my line here? everything seems to suck. i chose to c/r AI, giving him 2.5-1. WWJD?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $2,069.00
Hero (BB): $2,731.00
BTN: $2,208.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $70.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $50.00

Flop: ($150) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $120.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $300.00</font>, BTN calls $180.00

Turn: ($750) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $500.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $2,361.00</font>
Old 08-19-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: TPGK lost on turn

If you are sure he would 3bet AK/AA on the flop, this play is good.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:05 PM

I'm not folding
Old 08-19-2007, 07:07 PM

imo thats one of the worst turn cards but not bad enough to make me fold

i like going into check-call mode from here on out to catch bluffs from [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s
Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 PM

Fold. He has AcKx. That's the only hand that makes sense that he oculd have here imo. I think he's betting because he wants you to shove a FD or worse king.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:17 PM

ya im obv not sure he would 3bang AK/AA...but it was/is pretty damn likely imo
Old 08-19-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo thats one of the worst turn cards but not bad enough to make me fold

i like going into check-call mode from here on out to catch bluffs from [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 AM

If the board was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] then I think another 8 would be pretty scary, as is I don't see it as being that much of a scare card.

Turn I'm not sure I like. You're giving draws free cards if they're smart enough to take them and you're definitely getting called when beat it being 3-handed and all. I'd just lead turn for whatever standard bet size is for you since apparently you have no problem getting it in and aren't afraid of being raised.

Kirk
Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 AM

i really dont like this.. one big reason not to check-raise medium strength hands like top pair good kicker is to avoid getting into situations like this.
i think flushdraws are likely to check-behind turn as are weaker kings so once he bets its either some kind of float or a better hand.
as played i like a check-call and check-evaluate on river probably fold but i really would have played the hand differently