Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

500 for having your info leaked. I can confrim just got the call too.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:16 PM

LOL did anyone here see Die Hard 3?

AP's excuse isn't even original, they stole it from the plot of Die Hard 3. In it, a computer hacker takes over the U.S. because he's pissed off. Why?

Because when he worked for the government he showed them that they could easily get hacked and they got really pissed off and fired him.

LOL
Old 10-19-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I spoke on the phone with someone high up at AP. While this is not a confidential source of mine, he asked me to not name him specifically. I'm going to honor that wish.

Either way, we talked for about 15 minutes and he explained their stance, I explained my stance, etc, etc. He was very nice and thanked me for my work. Among other things, he said that "geek" was not a correct term to be used here and if someone said that it was not what AP meant.

In addition, he said that AP will clean up and go after the person (persons?) who are responsible.

He said lots of other things, but I don't remember a lot of it word for word and I don't want to misquote. The general gist of the convo was that "AP takes this stuff seriously" followed by "Great, I'd be happy to help" and so on. So the bottom line is that he said all of the right things and, if he's telling the truth, then I believe that AP will come out of this an improved and effective organization. If he's feeding me a pile of crap then we're right back where we've been for the last month.

Lastly, he said they would involve me as a helper or reviewer in some capacity in the audit. I don't know what I'll get to see, but I assume I'll hear more about this as time goes on. I will keep 2p2 updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he reiterate/reaffirm the story about an internal non-management employee engineering the whole thing as a demonstration of Absolute's vulnerability and framing Scott Tom?

Nat,

If you are in any way involved in this audit, the number one priority on your list is a complete handhistory of many of these big tournaments and the suspected cash games, along with IP's, etc., just like the "leaked" file. I know I know, LDO.

I wonder how much of the evidence they can compromise before an audit.

Anyone want to see whether you can create a brand new account at AP, claim your info. was sent out, get a free $500, then cashout? I'll take the over on that working.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone want to see whether you can create a brand new account at AP, claim your info. was sent out, get a free $500, then cashout? I'll take the over on that working.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Suzzer, that may work if your join date wasn't the big issue [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL did anyone here see Die Hard 3?

AP's excuse isn't even original, they stole it from the plot of Die Hard 3. In it, a computer hacker takes over the U.S. because he's pissed off. Why?

Because when he worked for the government he showed them that they could easily get hacked and they got really pissed off and fired him.

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Die Hard 4. Die Hard 3 was the one with the dude making Bruce Willis stand in Harlem wearing a sandwich board reading, loosely, "I hate negroes".

I think we should be careful about assuming AP said what they were reported to say in the MSNBC article. Journalists get stuff like that wrong all the time.

I can't believe there's still no official statement though. We will see....
Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 PM

$500 for having his info leaked- he should email back and ask how much he'll get for being cheated in the tourney
Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$500 just for being a railbird or did he play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Railbird.....below is from a post of his yesterday

http://www.pocketfives.com/B10E884E-...F42926AD6.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------

AP Watchdog (apwatchdog@gmail.com)
by BigSanka on 10/18/2007 16:37

I received an email from this guy/group stating the following (see below). Does anyone know who this is? I'm a little concerned that they were able to get my info off of the infamous HH that was sent out. I didn't play in the event but apparently observed the tourney at some point and they were able to pull my personal info out of the HH. Has anyone else received this email?

I was able to extract your email address, AP account number, and IP address from a file that Absolute Poker sent to one of it's players. The file was the internal full hand history that included hole cards and all actions of all players for the 1K tournament where Potripper won and where there was suspicion he did it with the assistance of a tool that showed him his oppositions hole cards as he played. All observers to the tables info was also logged so it may be that you didn't actually play in the tournament but since you viewed a table your information was captured.

In case you have any doubt this is legit, your AP account number is XXXXXX associated with the email account of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX The IP address of the computer used in the tournament was: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The purpose of this note is to inform you of this security breach and give you the heads up to secure your email account. This file is already in a few peoples hands and if it got into the wrong persons hands the information about your email and associated poker account could be used to try and gain access to your account and in turn drain it.

What you should do is insure that the password you use for your email is complex, meaning it's over 12 characters, includes special characters as well as mixed case letters. You must also insure that the password recovery process for your email uses questions that only you can answer. If they use questions like 'What is your favorite sports team" make sure the answer is not a name of a sports team, etc. Once a hacker has access to your email he can gain access to your poker account.

This AP internal file was sent to a player in the tournament after he requested the hand history from AP. The AP security breach that resulted in this file being sent out was a blessing in disguise, the HH file also contained damning evidence that a second account was being used from the same computer as potripper and it was viewing the tournament. One of these two accounts also has an email address associated to it that is registered to AP itself. The commonly accepted theory is that this second account had advanced privileges and displayed all players hole cards. So from the same computer as potripper played the tournament in he was viewing every ones hole cards from this internal account.

The open faced hand history that shows potripper play knowing his opponents hole cards is available at:
http://www.pocketfives.com/EDA6857F-...EE43B85C2.aspx

A theory of what has happened by a respected high stakes online pro:
http://www.neverwinpoker.com/forums/...howtopic=44393

There are many other threads on the topic by this point but the one where this info came to light is:
http://www.pocketfives.com/445F78F0-...A96F28812.aspx

AP has yet to make a statement following the publishing of this new information, they had however admitted to doing a thorough investigation and clearing anyone of cheating in the fore mentioned tournament. With this new evidence I hope they re-open the investigation. Perhaps your emails to them will help this happen.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:23 PM

Here are the new questions to ask AP:

1) If this was a rogue employee trying to prove a point that the site could be compromised, why not do it at play money instead of the highest real money games?

2) Furthermore, if he was looking to prove something, why not just do it ONCE and show his managers what he did?

3) How does chip dumping fit into all of this?

4) Why were 4 accounts necessary to "prove" this? Why did this reoccur over a period of nearly 4 weeks?

5) Why did the initial "conclusive" investigation totally discount the possibility of a superuser?

6) How could the hand histories have been actually looked at and concluded to not have been cheating, when even relative poker novices can see the POTRIPPER tournament and see something is wrong?

7) Who was actually registered to GRAYCAT, STEAMROLLER, DOUBLEDRAG, and POTRIPPER?

8) Explain the process in how Scott Tom was framed. How was it done so perfectly?

9) Why was a compromise only admitted AFTER 2+2 obtained too much smoking proof to continue the denial process?
Closed Thread