Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Default NL 10 TT - HU pot, 1 Over, Turn Donk paired board

Bah.
This is no good.
I pay attention to what is going around the table but didnt saw him make such a "move" before.

I saw flushdraws doing this before to get a cheap next card.
If that is true I'd call and look what the river brings, I'm in position and folding for 4.5-1 does not seem right (even if I think its not too bad either)

When I now look at it I consider to call the turn with the intention to fold to a 3rd spade river card or an huge bet ?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $13.45
BB: $2.00
UTG: $10.00
UTG+1: $5.85
<font color="black">Hero (MP1): $10.00</font>
MP2: $8.70
CO: $4.40
BTN: $5.25

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">3TA/263HANDS/8PFR/37VPIP/20WTS/60W@S</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.45, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.35

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, BTN folds, UTG+1 calls $1.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($3.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $1.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $1.00 returned to UTG+1

Pot Size: $3.50 ($0.35 Rake)
Old 06-07-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: NL 10 TT - HU pot, 1 Over, Turn Donk paired board

Preflop ok. UTG is either a cretin or has a pp.

With that board, I bet 1.50+ to shut out the flush draw. Whe he calls, you can be pretty sure you're in trouble, so your turn decision is made easier.

As played, this is a murky hand. I think you are more likely behind than ahead, but even so he is still on a spade draw here a lot of the time. I raise the turn to $3-$4, hoping for a fold and thinking to c/f the river if he calls.

I think calling the turn just puts the problem off until the river (of course you might get a miracle T, but how often does that happen?)
Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Re: NL 10 TT - HU pot, 1 Over, Turn Donk paired board

Looks enough like a block bet enough for me to raise the turn. Make it $3.50 and fold to a push. If he calls I'm done betting. If the river bricks and he donks again I may call a small bet but I proly fold and or check behind.

GS