Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Snooker premier league

Anyone got any estimates on ding jun-hui? I don't even know the rules of snooker (lol, but I've been watching the lines). I see that the sponsor (betfred) of the league offers ding to win the thing (outright means this right?) at odds 5/2 or 2.5 but bet365 orrers 3.5 . I think that the finals are in december so the money will be held for 2 months.
Well I made the bet and will be watching out for new snooker picks. I don't know if this line has any real value but oh well.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Snooker premier league

5/2 and 3.5 are the same thing.

Meh. There's nothing particularly wrong with this bet, though it's not particularly exciting either. Ding is a good second favourite here, but so much always revolves around whether O'Sullivan will go mad that it wouldn't be far wrong imo to think that this price is about right: perhaps Ding should legitimately be 3/1 or 7/2 on ability and variance and the "will O'Sullivan decide to paint his toes pink instead of win the snooker match" brings him in a bit.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5/2 and 3.5 are the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahh okay I just don't understand odds that aren't in decimals [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Edit: yeah now I get it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. American way to serve odds is still odd to me.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:23 PM

He totally cracked up there against Jimmy White.

I'm sure he'll be okay by December, but that was a bit rough.

Lori
Old 11-16-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone got any estimates on ding jun-hui? I don't even know the rules of snooker (lol, but I've been watching the lines). I see that the sponsor (betfred) of the league offers ding to win the thing (outright means this right?) at odds 5/2 or 2.5 but bet365 orrers 3.5 . I think that the finals are in december so the money will be held for 2 months.
Well I made the bet and will be watching out for new snooker picks. I don't know if this line has any real value but oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just in case anybody cares and also didn't know, Ding is not allowed to play in the final now as China are making him represent them elsewhere.

Lori