Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
has anybody emailed the KGC yet and discussed possible penalties for AP's involvement in trying to cover up for the consultant .. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

But doesn't the KGC own AP?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But former Chief Joe Norton does. And I assume that those at the KGC at a minimum like Mr Norton. But they have put Gaming Associates on the job. I doubt Gaming Associates knows Mr Norton, since they are in Australia. Go to their website - gamingassociates.com. They seem to have an almost absurd amount of expertise in this area of investigating the honesty of gambling establishments. If they can't get to the bottom of this matter, then I doubt anyone on earth can.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM

I liked that ABC article, especially this part:

The Quebec provincial police told ABC News they were looking into the matter but could not comment on a pending investigation.

Frank Catania, a former gaming commissioner in New Jersey who helped the Kahnawake Gaming establish its regulations, said under commission rules AbsolutePoker could lose its license and individuals could be turned over to Canadian authorities.

"If anything was done illegally or dishonestly, the company could have their license revoked, the money could be refunded or legal ramifications could happen," he said.

somebody needs to write a detailed letter to Frank Catania.

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar,
Im curious about the time period between the cash games with doubledrag and the tournament with potripper. Wasnt that a few months or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

cash started midaugust, payup/potripper 8/23 and 8/30ish

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5. The suspected period of time of the security breach has been identified. This period is recent and confined to a relatively brief period. The actual dates will be publicly released upon confirmation by the third party auditor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody out there actually believe this statement?(Ikestoys excluded)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for a minute

I'm confused.

What was the point of this statement? Didn't they just repeat random crap they've said in the 1st statement?

I mean, whatever, I guess I expect them to just say random [censored] and repeat themselves over and over without actually telling us anything until this whole controversy dies. That seems to be their plan.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5. The suspected period of time of the security breach has been identified. This period is recent and confined to a relatively brief period. The actual dates will be publicly released upon confirmation by the third party auditor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody out there actually believe this statement?(Ikestoys excluded)

[/ QUOTE ]

leaning that way

1)90% sure the 7 mil article is just weird BS
2)not one person has ever sent me a single hand history prior to mid-August involving a clear superuser

[/ QUOTE ]

1*365*3=1095
1095:7
?

gg

gg
Old 10-24-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1*365*3=1095
1095:7

[/ QUOTE ]

that leaves us with the problem of 'where's the hand history' and the equally compelling 'how did people who kept it quiet for 3 years suddenly turn into psychotic monkeys overnight'

of course, this would be the type of thing that could potentially be easier figured out in Costa Rica, but, you know, Nat would obviously be corrupted or something
Old 10-24-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
“Recently, AP was the victim of a breach of security in which a high-ranking consultant to the site devised a sophisticated scheme to manipulate internal systems and access third-party computers and accounts to view the hole cards of other customers during play and without their knowledge, resulting in unfair play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement alone makes me think this went on for much longer than many realize. If you loaded AP, then you loaded malware, trojan, whatever you want to call it.

And quite frankly all they are doing now is explaining it away as a roque employee; come back and trust us.

Total BS.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked that ABC article, especially this part:

The Quebec provincial police told ABC News they were looking into the matter but could not comment on a pending investigation.

Frank Catania, a former gaming commissioner in New Jersey who helped the Kahnawake Gaming establish its regulations, said under commission rules AbsolutePoker could lose its license and individuals could be turned over to Canadian authorities.

"If anything was done illegally or dishonestly, the company could have their license revoked, the money could be refunded or legal ramifications could happen," he said.

somebody needs to write a detailed letter to Frank Catania.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Quebec police have little or no jurisdiction on the reserve so that won't go anywhere.

No one from Absolute is in Canada, so they won't be turned over to authorities.

Absolute does not need a license to operate.

Since online gambling is a "gray area" under international laws, not likely to be legal ramifications....
Old 10-24-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm confused.

What was the point of this statement? Didn't they just repeat random crap they've said in the 1st statement?

I mean, whatever, I guess I expect them to just say random [censored] and repeat themselves over and over without actually telling us anything until this whole controversy dies. That seems to be their plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone here had posted that the investigation would be limited to an investigation of only a three and one-half week time period. The new statement says that the investigation will not be limited to a study of such a time period, although they currently believe that the crimes were limited to a relatively narrow time frame. I went to the gamingassociates web page. I think they should be able to find out what happened. They have funny indian-sounding names, in several cases, and have more degrees than I knew existed, so I'm sure they're real smart.