Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM

Default 400NL Mixing up my play, Interesting river spot

Villain this hand is a regular tag 22/17/3. He is decent but not strong. Probably a small winner. My image is TAG and probably a little tricky.

I just coldcall with my big hand since the SB is notoric squeezer and I really wanted him to 3bet 1010 and call my push.

Anyway on the flop I mostly just call but sometimes reraisebluff and he knows that. When he calls my reraise I put him on a middle to big pair or a hand like 109s. On the turn I slow down since I dont see much value in betting. On l the river I bet since the king looks like a perfect bluff card and I put him on JJ,99,88 since he didnt valubet.

When he checkraises me Im like what the f.....!??

Comments on turn and river appreciated. Please dont give me: 3bet this pre all day and nothing more.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $476.80
Hero (BTN): $829.70
SB: $396
BB: $400
UTG: $427

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $14</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $14, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $23</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $59</font>, UTG calls $36

Turn: ($152) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($152) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $99</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $272</font>, Hero??
Old 10-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: 400NL Mixing up my play, Interesting river spot

I fold. I think he has a 10 often here, probably calling preflop with something that has some value postflop (T9s like you said) which he doesn't want to ruin his equity with by squeezing.

I like your reasoning for coldcalling preflop, not gonna flame that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Too many posts are players 'mixing it up' which actually means they don't know what they are doing or why.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold. I think he has a 10 often here, probably calling preflop with something that has some value postflop (T9s like you said) which he doesn't want to ruin his equity with by squeezing.

I like your reasoning for coldcalling preflop, not gonna flame that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Too many posts are players 'mixing it up' which actually means they don't know what they are doing or why.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you read the handhistory wrong, SB - the squeezer - is not in the hand, so we are up against UTG. Or I'm misunderstanding you, which is possible!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 PM

I don't know, somehow i´m feeling KK here.Why not.. Anyways, I don't think I could make that call. If that's a c/r-bluff then it's a good one and he deserves this one IMO.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:30 PM

shove pf stops all this nonsense....
Old 10-15-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, somehow i´m feeling KK here.Why not.. Anyways, I don't think I could make that call. If that's a c/r-bluff then it's a good one and he deserves this one IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a good one? Its never good to rep the nuts only.

My problem and his is that he is repping pretty much nothing since I think he bet every strong hand on the river. He also knows that I cant have much either since I shut down on the turn. But if he thinks Im bluffing, why is he reraising?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:42 PM

betting the river is horrible. your hand can not stand any raise there. be happy to get the free show down by checking it.
fold the river in a new york second.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a good one? Its never good to rep the nuts only.

My problem and his is that he is repping pretty much nothing since I think he bet every strong hand on the river. He also knows that I cant have much either since I shut down on the turn. But if he thinks Im bluffing, why is he reraising?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can beat a bluff.. Do u really think he has a bluff enough times to justify a call in a spot like this.. Doubt it.. Of course, I don't know about your history with this guy.

Besides, that's not repping only nuts. Some people might play a ten (checking turn) like that,55 and maybe 66 are possible too.

I think that's a big play on that river and I see it as value raising.. I think bluff's are rare enough here so FOLD. I can't see that as a busted flush draw anyhow and what hand u can beat would bluff there?

I think the river bet is a bit marginal but justifyable if u have reads.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
betting the river is horrible. your hand can not stand any raise there. be happy to get the free show down by checking it.
fold the river in a new york second.

[/ QUOTE ]
what about for value?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:55 PM

I would go with your read if you don't think he's capable of making moves like this and pitch it.
I think this is an easy spot to c/r though representing a 10.