Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

I haven't really read any of this debate but I'd just like to say that shorthanded and full games are still the same at the core and much of the perceived difference between them comes from players making improper adjustments and playing rigid strategies rather than adjusting to to the specific circumstances. When playing with very bad players you will end up with a lot more multiway pots in fullring than shorthanded so in that regard I can understand the desire for a separate forum, but in tougher games you don't see many multiway pots... if it's folded to the button and he raises, does it really make any difference how many players folded in front of him? I would feel silly dividing my posts between two different forums based on such criteria. The only difference between full and short is a couple more seats in ep... where players should generally be playing tighter than any seat. But who cares? Maybe a typical full-ring player's UTG raise has the same hand range as what a "nit" would raise UTG 6-handed... you don't need a separate forum to figure that out.

just my 2 cents
Old 06-29-2007, 06:07 AM

Split 100nl and lower, and 200nl and greater.

This is the best way. And also the clearest separation from "newer" players to more experienced ones as far as time building a roll is considered (generally).
Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 AM

wow, you didn't read it at all, did ya?
Old 06-29-2007, 06:54 AM

no not really

was more commenting on the fact that this forum is dominated by microlimit stuff despite the fact that plenty of 2p2ers play full ring at higher levels.

unless I'm greatly mistaken, this forum isn't drawing nearly enough traffic to warrant a split on those grounds alone, so I have to assume that some of the people pushing a split are hoping that it will draw in more new posters (for example, when there were only 2 NL forums, players at 2/4 and 3/6 rarely posted because their hands got very poor feedback in each forum, but when MSNL was added, it became one of the busiest forums literally overnight). I don't think that splitting the forums will be very effective in drawing full-ring posts away from MSNL, nor do I think that it would be a good thing to have happen, because one of the key steps to improving is to learn to analyze situations on their merits and not by artificial factors such as the number of players dealt it.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me and probably a lot of people just don't care what I think, but since I play quite a bit of full-ring but never post in this forum, I feel like explaining why.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM

Last time around i was against a split because even on a good day this forum has less traffic than SSNL alone, and i feared a split would dilute us further. But this time there are quite a couple postings like yours, so, yeah, the forum should split.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:48 AM

I don't think the micros would get the short end of the stick. I imagine experienced posters will continue to post there. bottomset already said he would, for example.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:53 AM

Uncle! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2007, 10:51 AM

would it be possible to have seperate areas for hand/strat threads, but still a single area for "chat" like the monthly threads?

I dunno...just looking to keep the sense of community together a bit.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would it be possible to have seperate areas for hand/strat threads, but still a single area for "chat" like the monthly threads?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good idea in principle, but 3 forums seems way too many.

Maybe all the community stuff should go in the microlimits half - that'll keep the higher level players coming in?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good idea in principle, but 3 forums seems way too many.

Maybe all the community stuff should go in the microlimits half - that'll keep the higher level players coming in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any way to link threads in both areas?