Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How would you characterize your vote?
I voted for Democrats 9 31.03%
I voted against Republicans 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
Question:

Has anyone ever been in a relationship that pretty much has an expected expiration date on it?

I'm going to graduate in a year and a half and I've told my girlfriend that I'm going to travel the world for a year and then probably live in a different city.

So I've effectively said that our relationship will be over in a year, guaranteed. She said that she understands but would like to stay with me until then and I feel the same way.

Something tells me this will not work out though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been on 2 dates with an incredible girl, the second one was last night and involved me leaving her place this morning (brag, ldo). but i am moving away in 2 months. when am i supposed to tell her? the day I'm leaving seems really mean, right now prob ends my sexy time. ??
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 AM

WTF, why would telling her you are moving end sexy time?
Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 AM

I have an interesting situation with a girl. I have a couple friends coming into town this weekend and I wanted to return the favor of getting drunk/meeting girls that they did me when I was with them last week. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone who can provide that (Just got out of a long term relationship and have few friends).

So I try to come up with someone who might be able to show us a good time. I find a friend on facebook that I had one class with a year ago. The only time we talked out of class was when she wrote on my wall asking some question and saying saying I should come party with her that weekend. I had a gf so I kind of just answered her question and ignored her mention of the partying. Anyway, I message this girl asking how she is and if she has anything fun going on this weekend. She says she is pretty tired from halloweek and didn't know if she would be going out. But she gave me her number and told me to call and she would let me know if she was up to anything.

Yesterday I texted her, she didn't respond till today. She apologized for not responding and said her friend was having a party around 11 tonight and I should come. I say ok sure, sounds like fun. I haven't heard from her since and it is not 1130, wtf? I texted at 8 asking whats going on tonight, nothing back though. Fwiw, I'm not really interested in her but I could use a friend like her.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, why would telling her you are moving end sexy time?

[/ QUOTE ]

If she thinks it is a relationship then it would.

He should tell her next time he sees her. It has been 3 dates so shouldn't need to be this big announcement. Just work it into normal conversation. Complain about the difficulty of finding a good rental or how you hate to pack. Doesn't matter. Then she'll ask and the topic will be out there.

If that ends the sex with her so be it. Deception is a scumming thing. Lying to get sex is slightly less pathetic then getting someone drunk to have sex but not by much.

I'm curious as to why you'd think this would end sex with her? After 3 dates if she thinks this is a relationship then either she is crazy or you have done / said something to make her think that. If neither of those are true then she is probably just having fun and she'll be ok with the news.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:25 AM

Why do American guys feel the need to be serial daters even if they know nothing long term can work out due to their current status. Arg.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question:

Has anyone ever been in a relationship that pretty much has an expected expiration date on it?

I'm going to graduate in a year and a half and I've told my girlfriend that I'm going to travel the world for a year and then probably live in a different city.

So I've effectively said that our relationship will be over in a year, guaranteed. She said that she understands but would like to stay with me until then and I feel the same way.

Something tells me this will not work out though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic case. It should work out til then, then you just go your separate ways (usually). Sometimes some anger or shenanigans ensue in the meantime.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do American guys feel the need to be serial daters even if they know nothing long term can work out due to their current status. Arg.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, cause we gots to get some?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when am i supposed to tell her? the day I'm leaving seems really mean, right now prob ends my sexy time. ??

[/ QUOTE ]

How about today? How's that sound? LOL
Old 11-02-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So as long as you have a symbolic tag of 'dating', girls put out more? We just skip the formalities in Australia it seems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So as long as you have a symbolic tag of 'dating', girls put out more? We just skip the formalities in Australia it seems [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is because of being lazy and cheap. Guys could have a lot more sex being single but that would mean going out and picking up. If you are in a serial relationship you can skip that. Less effort and less expense.

I personally don't see the value in it. To be willing to be exclusive to someone there has to be potential or it isn't worth it.
Closed Thread