Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: 12 mouthly $100 tourneys for WSOP with work budies

I was thinking of starting something like this. Assuming you have 10 guys for $100 each, award 500/300/200 "final table chips" to the top 3 places. Then after you play 10 times, you'll have 10,000 final table chips awarded to various players.

Now you play one last game, $200 buy-in, everyone starts with 200 chips, plus the chips they've earned over the last 10 tourneys. Winner take all.

I think this might have the advantage that you're never "out of the running." Everyone plays in the final game and has a chance to make it.

Does this sound like a workable system?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:04 PM

I think most of the ideas here are good. My personal concern is allowing enough time in the monthly "sit-n-go's" for some good poker to be played. I'd try to plan a very slow blind schedule so each game lasts like 6-8 hours
Old 10-10-2007, 03:45 PM

There's a lot of interest in my game for this as well. It seems I'll be starting a Tuesday tourney series next year (hopefully... interest is high), and I was thinking of having a WSOP league every two or three weeks. We'd get a contract, as well, but proportionate to how many you play in, increasing in scale the more you play. Haven't worked out the logistics yet, but there'd definitely also be a day-of prize, probably very heavily weighted to top three.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 PM

All money must be prepaid with no exceptions.

Any other variation will end in failure.

We are currently doing a quickie for the 3K NLHE at the WPF at Foxwoods next month.

9 players (one assmunch bailed an hour before the first tourny...happens every time)
$330 each up front
4 tournaments on Tuesdays in Oct
First out = 1 point, second out = 2 points...etc up to...1st place = 9 points

Cumulative winner goes.
Everyone else has 5% stake each in winner.
In case of a tie, we will play a HU match with full stacks (10K), starting at 100/200 blinds.

We are currently halfway through with point totals of:

The last two weeks should be fun.

I'm at 13 LDO
Old 10-10-2007, 07:10 PM

Every game has a different crowd, and I don't think prepay would work for mine. It's fairly clear who will come out ahead here, and we'll play in every tournament, but we don't mind having people come and go, feeding the pool. Besides, it might catch on and grow. I plan to have as many $1500 event entries as possible, allowing it to be what it becomes. Depending on how successful, some folks may even get airfare. Our crew is already going to rent a house for a couple of weeks, maybe this could cover that, too, if it's big enough.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We'd get a contract, as well, but proportionate to how many you play in, increasing in scale the more you play. Haven't worked out the logistics yet, but there'd definitely also be a day-of prize, probably very heavily weighted to top three.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post details for both, when you decide on it.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:41 PM

I like it all except the part where any winnings are split 10 ways. The guy who wins the league and plays in the WSOP should have a bigger share than everyone else, IMO. If I were doing it I'd give the league winner 50% of his WSOP winnings and the other nine would share the other 50%.

I realize this depends a lot on group dynamics and your group wants to split it evenly. I'm not saying it's wrong just throwing out how the guys in my regular home game would want to do it.