Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: JJ vs. chezlaw

[ QUOTE ]
Well, Oink's post is good if the assumption that chez is a nitTAG is actually inaccurate. I don't mean to offend chez (I've never seen him play) but people with the "image" of nitTAG turn out to be an actual nitTAG 90% of the time. I would call here just because spiking 2 outers is fun but fold the turn and feel pretty self satisfied.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I dont play enough with him.

But my impression of Chez is that he is a nitTAG but he is aware of his image and quite capable of making plays you dont expect him to make.

I think that was what I was trying to say in my first reply
Old 11-13-2007, 02:21 PM

I think that just means he's a nittag who's not an idiot

cuz if you're a nittag who makes plays then you suddenly don't become a nittag anymore

The problem is people think that you can get a nittag to fold QQ on this board. He's a nittag, not a weak tight rere. "Tags" probably make more plays @ him. And he does fine vs. the 40/10s.

Woobady Woons.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 PM

I don't really object to the flop peel plan (in fact, since I don't know how chezlaw plays, I don't object to any plan that's been recommended so far [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]). But I think it's worth mentioning that if chezlaw is 3-betting an UTG raise with a range of, like, AA-77, AK-AQ, and KQs, and if his flop raise is legit (as in at least top pair), then he's going to have a set of kings 1/9 of the time. Which may not sound like much, but we're pretty far short of proper odds to chase a set and are counting on implied odds, and, well, 1/9 of the time we really are going to get that big-street action on a turned jack that we were hoping for.

And, having said that, I'll add that I never trust TAGs in spots like this when they know who I am so I would probably just call down [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM

The BB still in the hand makes this one interesting, as I think he's raising the flop lighter than he would in a HU pot in position. After BB folds the flop, I can't do anything but get to SD here, as big pot, he has TT-88 enough.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, Oink's post is good if the assumption that chez is a nitTAG is actually inaccurate. I don't mean to offend chez (I've never seen him play) but people with the "image" of nitTAG turn out to be an actual nitTAG 90% of the time. I would call here just because spiking 2 outers is fun but fold the turn and feel pretty self satisfied.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I dont play enough with him.

But my impression of Chez is that he is a nitTAG but he is aware of his image and quite capable of making plays you dont expect him to make.

I think that was what I was trying to say in my first reply

[/ QUOTE ]

oink, do you ever fold?

I think this is a pretty clear call the flop raise and c/f the turn.

If you catch a nitTAG making a move like this, make a note, then start calling down
Old 11-13-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The BB still in the hand makes this one interesting, as I think he's raising the flop lighter than he would in a HU pot in position. After BB folds the flop, I can't do anything but get to SD here, as big pot, he has TT-88 enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual I misread the action.

The fact that Chez is protection raising here makes it a call down IMO.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With TT or worse I think this would be a pretty terrible raise on Chezs' part unless he has a read that bb is super retarded. Its capped pf and the bb just donks into the aggression. Chez has to hope that both bb and PJ(who capped pf) have worse than a K.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:58 PM

BB didn't donk, BB c/f
Old 11-13-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB didn't donk, BB c/f

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops misread also.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IF the flop was HU, you would say call down because he's raising with xx to make you fold TT-QQ