Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Bowman\'s Sharp Line

Hey all,

I just signed up at Bowman's, and it looks like I'm being dealt a sharp line. When I log in, the NHL lines are different than they were prior to my logging in, then return to what they were after I log out again... Am I correct in my presumption?

My other question is: since I have yet to place a wager with them, why would they possibly deal me a sharp line? I guess that I just want to keep this from happening again if I sign up at another square book...

Actually, one more question: is there anything that I can do to get dealt the square line? If I bet a bunch of favorites on the sharp line, will they switch me to square?

Sorry if this is noobish, but I'm just starting to scalp/middle/line shop... Not a good start... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance.

ML4L
Old 12-31-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Bowman\'s Sharp Line

So I'm the only one that this has ever happened to?

Bump...
Old 12-31-2005, 12:02 PM

No, they deal sharp and public lines, there would be no reason for them to deal you though, if you have never played there. I would maybe try calling them and seeing whats up, as I doubt you are gettin a sharp line, because how do they know if you are or not?
Old 12-31-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, they deal sharp and public lines, there would be no reason for them to deal you though, if you have never played there. I would maybe try calling them and seeing whats up, as I doubt you are gettin a sharp line, because how do they know if you are or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what they said:

Kindly be informed that the lines displayed on the website prior to your logging in are for viewing purposes for the general public and as such are not updated as frequently as the lines meant for betting.

We remain at your disposal should you have any further queries and take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year 2006.

--------------------------

I suppose this is plausible, but it looks like 90%+ of the differences involve the dog lines being worse after I log in.

Anyone else have an idea as to whether I am being dealt a sharp line or this is just something that happens to everyone? To people who get the square line, do you see the same lines when you log in as when you aren't logged in?

Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

ML4L
Old 12-31-2005, 02:17 PM

did you make a giant deposit or something?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you make a giant deposit or something?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few grand. It crossed my mind that the deposit amount might have had something to do with it, but that really isn't that much, all things considered... Plus, wouldn't they hope that the people making fat deposits are whales who are just playing for fun...?

Still very confused...

ML4L
Old 01-01-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what they said:

Kindly be informed that the lines displayed on the website prior to your logging in are for viewing purposes for the general public and as such are not updated as frequently as the lines meant for betting.

We remain at your disposal should you have any further queries and take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year 2006.

--------------------------

I suppose this is plausible, but it looks like 90%+ of the differences involve the dog lines being worse after I log in.

Anyone else have an idea as to whether I am being dealt a sharp line or this is just something that happens to everyone? To people who get the square line, do you see the same lines when you log in as when you aren't logged in?

Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

If they change the lines, that is obviously good for one side or the other. If the reduce the dog lines, don't bet 'em there, simple.

Naj