Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Worth playing back?

.5/1 4-handed
BB is agressive preflop and really bluff-happy when no has shown aggression. He's capable of folding though. CO is very loose and passive.
I guess there's an argument for raising preflop, but as CO is so showdown bound, I prefer to get in cheap and hope to hit a hand.

Hero is BTN with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop: CO limps, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop (3.5 SB): Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB bets, CO folds, Hero?

I think BB is FOS a lot of the time, so is it worth bluff-raising, or do we prefer to let him keep betting in a small pot even though he probably has at least 6 outs? Or should I just fold?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Worth playing back?

Please raise preflop, CO is exactly the type of player you want to isolate. You say you're worried about him being showdown bound, but your hand has showdown value and you should have a big edge postflop.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM

raise preflop and you'll be able to get some flop/turn value bets in vs loose passive.

As played, your flop raise would be a valueraise not bluffraise. you have no fold equity if he has a pair+.

Since its a small pot I think I just calldown. Depending on read you could maybe find a fold on the river.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 PM

Raise PF. But thats not what you are looking for.

If you think he is FOS you should just call and let him barrel of. Its worth much more to you to have him bet again on the turn with air than to make him fold. The pot right now is 2BB. If he has 6 outs his eq is worth about .5BB. So he only needs to bluff turn with about 50% probability.